33

{Caleb}

'Hey, how are you?' Isaac asks me when I sit down next to him in the cafetaria.

'I'm fine,' I mumble.

'Hey,' Nora greets us and she sits down on the other side of Isaac. She gives him a soft kiss on his lips before she grabs her phone.

'Where is Olivia?' Isaac asks his girlfriend.

'We're not really talking right now,' Nora sighs. 'She's with Liam at the moment.'

'What?' I ask confused.

'She gave Liam another chance,' Nora explains and I feel my heart sink towards the ground. 'And I told her that-' Suddenly Nora goes quiet.

'You might not want to look over there,' she mumbles to me, nodding to her side. I decide to do it anyways and feel my heart break when I see Olivia and Liam, sitting close to each other. Liam is feeding her and Olivia is smiling because of it. They look like they're in love, like nothing ever happened between me and Olivia.

'I feel sick,' I mumble as I grab my bag.

'Caleb...' Isaac tries, but I ignore him and walk out of the cafeteria. I can't believe her. She told me she was sorry for having sex with Liam, she made me believe she still had feelings for me. She made me believe she wanted to be with me. Only to choose Liam the minute I reject her. She never planned to choose me. I'm so stupid.

{Olivia}

'So, how are you and your mom now?' Liam asks me, wrapping his arm around me.

'We're fine,' I answer. 'We still aren't really talking, but she's not mad at me anymore.' After I spent the night at Liams I decided to head back home. My mother apologized to me for being so mad and she wishes me the best with Liam. She explained that she was just mad at my father, which is understandable. We're still not where we were before everything happened, but we'll get there.

'And Nora?' Liam carefully asks then. I shrug my shoulders and take a sip from my water.

'I haven't heard from her since our fight,' I tell him.

'But did you try to contact her?' I shake my head.

'Olivia...'

'Why should I?' I hiss. 'She's supposed to have my back no matter what!'

'Liv, Nora is your best friend,' Liam says. 'She just wants what's best for you. Just say sorry to her. It's not that hard.'

'I... Fine,' I sigh. Liam is right. I should make it up to her. He smiles and kisses my cheek.

'I'm going home now,' he says then.

'Oh, right, you only go to school for half days,' I say, remembering his words. He nods.

'You'll manage here?' he asks and I nod.

'Do I need to walk with you?' I ask him when he gets up.

'No, I'm fine,' he says. 'I'm a big guy. I can walk on my own.' I laugh and watch him as he walks out of the cafeteria. Suddenly I see Caleb at the entrance. I hold my breath when Liam walks past him, but they just nod at each other. When Calebs gaze falls onto me, we hold eye contact for a brief second, before I look away. I should apologize to him as well. I look up again. Caleb is still standing in the same spot, but he's talking to Camila now. It doesn't look like a fun conversation, so I decide to not approach them. I don't want to disturb them.

'Olivia, can we talk?' I look up and see Nora.

'Yeah, of course,' I say. 'I was just planning on coming to you.'

'Liv, I'm sorry about what I said,' Nora says, sitting down next to me. 'I know you didn't mean to let Caleb feel used.'

'I'm sorry as well,' I say. 'I know you just want what's best for me. I just... I'm a bit all over the place right now, but I think I made the right choice.' Nora nods.

'If Liam truly makes you happy, then I'm happy for you,' Nora smiles. 'I know Liam is a good guy. I mean, he's been my friend for the past two years as well.' I smile.

'How are things with you and Isaac by the way?' I ask her.

'We're great,' Nora says, her eyes lighting up. She really is in love with him. 'We're better than ever. He told me he loves me.'

'Really?' I ask surprised. 'What did you say?'

'That I love him too.'

'I'm happy for you Nor, you deserve it.' She smiles and gives me a hug.

'Thank you.'

'Do you know how Caleb is?' I ask slowly.

'He says he's fine, but I can tell that he's broken,' Nora tells me. 'When he saw you with Liam, he immediately walked away.' I bite my lip and look at the ground.

'I should apologize to him for everything,' I mumble. 'I wanted to go to him, but he's talking to Camila.'

'Well, there's a party this Friday,' Nora says. 'I believe he's going, so you can talk to him there.'

'Yeah, maybe that's a good idea,' I say, nodding. I really want to make it up to him. Caleb doesn't have to like me anymore, but I at least want to be able to be in the same room as him. I hope he understands why I did what I did.

'Do you think he'll forgive me?' I ask Nora.

'Honestly, I don't know,' Nora admits. 'He seems pretty hurt. But you never know. He forgave Camila like a thousand times, right?'

'Yeah, but that's different,' I say as I look for my phone in my bag. 'Caleb and I were never really together, so it's easier to just never talk to me again.' When I see a small piece of paper I frown before I grab it.

'What's that?' Nora asks me as I unfold it.

You look beautiful today

'Liam,' I say to Nora, smiling.

'Oh, right, you had that whole note thing,' she says and I nod. 'I totally forgot about that.'

'Me too,' I admit. 'I wish I remembered, so I could have left a note for him as well.'

'Just send him a text,' Nora suggests. 'It's not the same, but it's something.' I nod and grab my phone.

[01.24 PM]

Thank you for the note. It's sweet x

[01.25 PM]

I thought you'd never find it ;)

[01.25 PM]

I was talking to Nora. We're okay now

[01.26 PM]

Glad to hear that. I'm gonna take a nap now. I'm exhausted x

I sigh deeply when the bell rings.

'What do we have?' I ask Nora.

'Maths.' I groan as I grab my bag and follow her to the right classroom. I hate maths. Like, when are you going to use any of that after school?

'I'll see you after school, right?' I look next to me and see that Isaac has wrapped his arm around his girlfriend. Nora nods after which Isaac gives her a kiss before he joins Caleb.

'You guys are the cutest couple ever,' I say, making Nora blush.

'I really like Isaac,' she says. 'But we have to go.' She grabs my hand and drags me to class.