46

{Olivia}

'Tell me everything!' Nora exclaims as I sit down on the couch.

'Caleb and I are together,' I tell her. 'Officially.' 

'Finally!' she smiles before she pulls me into a hug. 'I'm so happy for you guys! It was about time, though.' I laugh and nod. 

'I'm just so happy,' I sigh. 'God, Caleb is everything...' I think back at our night and morning together. 

'You're glowing,' Nora grins. 'I haven't seen you this happy in months.' 

'Bet you had a fun night too.' She winks and smiles. 

'Maybe,' I mumble, looking away.

'Olivia!' Nora says. 'How many times?'

'Why are you assuming we did it multiple times?' I ask her. 

'Oh, I don't know,' Nora says. 'Maybe because you're Olivia.' 

'Well, it was three times,' I tell her. 'But one was in the afternoon, one during the night and one this morning.' Nora laughs and shakes her head.

'I don't judge you,' she says. 'I would've done the same thing.' 

'How are things with you and Isaac, by the way?' I ask her. 'Still head over heels in love?' 

'Yes,' she smiles. 'He's everything I've ever wanted in a boy. I don't know why I never noticed him before.' 

'Caleb brings good things to both of us,' I laugh. 

'We should do a double date!' Nora says. 'This time a fun one.' I bite my lip and look away. I know I wasn't the nicest person the last time. I just didn't know what to do anymore after what I did with Liam.

'We can do it this evening?' I suggest. 'We could go to the diner and bowling afterwards?' 

'Yes, that would be so fun!' Nora grabs her phone. 'I'll text Isaac.' I grab my phone as well and send Caleb a text.

[11.25 AM]

Hey, want to go on a double date with Nora en Isaac tonight?

[11.26 AM]

Of course, what's the plan?

[11.26 AM]

We were thinking about grabbing some food at the diner and bowling afterwards.

[11.26 AM]

Okay, nice. I'll be there x

Will I see you before that, though?

[11.27 AM]

If you come to visit me, yes ;)

[11.28 AM]

I'll see you at one then x

'Isaac will come,' Nora tells me when I've put my phone away.

'Caleb too,' I say.

'It's actually funny that we're dating two best friends,' Nora says and I nod. 

'It is.' We talk for another hour before I decide to head back to my own house

'Mom, I'm home!' I yell as I open the front door. I hear some noises coming from upstairs, so I frown before I walk further and take my shoes and jacket off. 

A few seconds later I hear someone walk down the stairs and my mother appears in the hallway. Her blonde hair is messy and she's breathing heavily. 

'Hey, Olivia!' she smiles. 'I didn't expect you home so soon.' 

'Well, I went to Nora's for a bit and Caleb would be here at one,' I tell her. She smiles and pushes a strand of her hair behind her ear before she bites her lip. Something is off...

'Is something wrong?' I ask her. 'You seem nervous or something.' She laughs and shakes her head.

'Don't be silly,' she says. 'Everything is fine.' 

'Judith,' I hear a male voice say from upstairs. 'What are you doing?' I frown and look confused at my mother. 

'Who's that?' I ask her. 

'No one,' my mother says. 'It's just...' She sighs. 

'Mom, if you're seeing another man, it's fine,' I tell her. 'Dad has moved on as well.' 

'Thank you,' my mother smiles. Suddenly the doorbell rings, so I open it to be greeted by Caleb's face. 

'Hey,' he smiles and he kisses my lips.

'Hey,' I greet him before I turn to my mother again.

'I just need to grab some stuff,' I tell her. 'We'll leave you two alone after that.' My mother nods and wraps her arms around her body as I make my way upstairs, hoping I don't see the man that's currently in my mother's bedroom. It's fine she's seeing someone else, but I don't have to meet him yet. Especially not when he's probably naked. 

I immediately walk into my room and open my closet to grab some clothes. I also grab my stuff from the bathroom since there is a big chance I will spend the night at Caleb's again. 

I originally wanted to let Caleb stay for dinner, but my mother and me both have other plans now, so we'll just do it another time. We're not in a hurry anyway.

Quickly I put everything in a bag and make my way back downstairs where Caleb and my mother are waiting.

'Are you staying at Caleb's tonight?' my mother asks me.

'Yeah, I wouldn't be home early anyways,' I say. 'So it's easier to stay with Caleb.' My mother nods.

'Have fun,' she smiles.

'You too,' I say and I give her a quick hug before I pull Caleb outside. 

'I thought we were staying at your house,' Caleb says as we walk towards his car.

'Yeah, but my mom is having a man over,' I say. 'So trust me, you don't want to be there right now.' Caleb laughs and shakes his head.

'Probably not, no.' He opens the door of his car and lets me get in. I throw my bag on the backseat and wait for Caleb to get into the car as well. 

'By the way, I thought we were having dinner with your mom,' Caleb tells me.

'Yeah, but Nora suggested to go on a double date,' I mumble. 'And we can have dinner with my mom any other day. Besides, she seems quite busy at the moment.' Caleb laughs and starts his car. 

(Not the most exciting chapter, I know. But the next chapter will be more interesting, I promise x)