38

{Caleb}

When I wake up Olivia is wrapped in my arms and our legs are intertwined. For a moment I think I'm dreaming, but when I close and open my eyes again she's still there. All the events from last night replay in my head and when I move a bit up, the throbbing pain in my head confirms everything. Liam punched me in the face, hard. I can't really blame him. I was about to give his girl a hickey. Even though they weren't officially together, it would've hurt me too. If anything, I'm thankful he did that. He pushed Olivia right into my arms. We're far from okay, but I can't deny my feelings for her and I hope she'll let me in. We have a lot to work on, but if we're both willing, we can manage.

Suddenly I feel Olivia's fingertips on my bare skin, gliding up and down in soft motions.

'Are you awake?' I ask her.

'Barely,' she groans. I laugh and press a kiss on her hair. She sighs and rolls on her back.

'I don't want to face Liam ever again,' she mumbles.

'Well, we have a week free now,' I remind her. 'We have vacation.'

'I totally forgot about that,' Olivia says, grabbing her phone. She has a few texts, but I see none from Liam. I know I probably shouldn't look, but I can't help it. If Liam didn't even text her... Does that mean he is done as well? I would've thought he would at least apologize to her, but apparently not.

'I should probably go home,' Olivia whispers, putting her phone down on my nightstand again. I nod and watch her as she throws the blanket off of her. I don't want her to go, but she's right. I don't know how I would explain to my parents why Olivia is here. I told my mother the other day that Olivia and I were over.

'Caleb?' I hear my mother say, followed by a knock on the door. Olivia freezes and looks at me with panic in her eyes. I quickly throw the blanket on top of her and try to shield her as much as I can.

'Yes?' I respond.

'Can I come in?' my mother asks me.

'Uh... I'm getting dressed,' I say. 'Is something wrong?'

'No, I just wanted to let you know that your father and I will be out for breakfast. You can join us if you want.'

'Oh, no, I'm good,' I say. 'I'll eat at home and head to the gym with Isaac afterwards. But have fun.'

As soon as I hear my mothers footsteps on the stairs I sigh in relief en pull the covers off of Olivia.

'That was close,' I mumble. She nods and gets out of bed. When she gets her clothes from the ground she bites her lip like she does when she's thinking.

'Do you want to borrow my sweatpants?' I ask her. I can imagine she doesn't want to wear her short skirt and top from last night.

'If you don't mind,' she smiles. I get out of bed as well and open my closet to grab a pair of sweatpants.

'Thanks,' Olivia says as I hand her the clothes.

'Do you want to stay for breakfast' I propose as she puts the sweatpants on. 'My parents aren't home anyway.'

'I don't know if that's a good idea,' she mumbles.

'Oh come on, do you really want to let me eat alone?' I take her hand in mine and stare into her blue eyes. When she rolls her eyes and sighs I know I've won.

'Okay, but I'm gonna go home afterwards,' Olivia says. 'I have to explain a lot of things to my mother.' I nod and lead her downstairs.

'Pancakes or toast?' I ask, walking to the kitchen.

'I don't care,' Olivia answers. 'You can choose.'

'Pancakes it is then,' I say, grabbing the ingredients from the cabinets.

'Do you need any help?' I shake my head.

'Sit down. I'll take care of it.' Olivia does as I say and sits down at the dining table.

{Olivia}

I watch Caleb as he makes the pancakes. His muscular back is faced towards me and I must admit, it's a pretty good sight. I'm kinda afraid of how my mother will react when I tell her Liam and I are done and I'm kinda having a thing with Caleb again. I bet she won't be pleased about it. But she likes Caleb, so maybe she'll accept it faster. I hope it will work out this time.

Liam hasn't even texted me. It's enough for me to know that he doesn't care anymore. Normally he would've done everything to apologize to me, trying to make it up to me. A part of me tells me that Amy shoot her shot. I don't want that to happen, because I know Liam won't reject her. But I can't be the one to talk. I've slept in another guys bed a few hours after I broke things off with Liam. I just hope Liam uses his brains. Amy can't be trusted. I've never trusted her and my gut was right.

'Liv, can you grab some plates?' Caleb asks me and I nod as I get up. I walk over to him and can't help but wrap my arms around him from the back.

'Thank you,' I whisper.

'For what?' Caleb turns around to look at me.

'For not hating me,' I mumble.

'I could never hate you,' he murmurs, stroking a piece of my brown hair behind my ear. 'It would be so much easier, though. But I can't.' I smile and press a soft kiss on his cheek before I let him go to grab the plates.

Several minutes later we're eating our breakfast and I need to say, Caleb did a pretty good job. He can make me pancakes every morning.

'How are your parents?' Caleb suddenly asks me. 'Are they still fighting a lot?'

'My dad is staying at a friends house,' I explain. 'So they don't exactly get the chance.'

'Do you still have contact with him?'

'Not really,' I admit. 'He sends me a text sometimes, but he's mostly busy with the divorce.'

'And your mother?' he asks. 'You were okay again, right?' I nod.

'Yes, but I don't know how she'll react once I tell her that Liam and I are done,' I sigh. 'Especially when I tell her that we kinda made it up.'

'Oh, well, everyone makes mistakes,' Caleb shrugs. 'It just took you a little bit longer to realize you should be with me.' I laugh and shake my head. I hope she'll react positive, but I doubt it.