3

A shift in balance was never good. She had to fight back to try regain it. This would could last between days to months to even years. 

'Hopefully this won't take too long.' Y/n thought.

She sat near the bush of dim flowers and tried to relax herself to start the process. Breathing in and out. She let her inner self take care of the rest of it. 

The aura of what could be described as a void of nothing consumed her. Relaxed and fully attentive of her surrounds she felt many things. It almost overwhelmed her. But her aura was stronger. It gave the bush life. The flowers slowly started to get a more lively white.
She continued to do this until she could get in touch with the old guardian.

-

Nightmare yawned. He looked out from the branch he slept. It was early in the morning. The view was nice. The sky was full of oranges, purples,reds and blue.
"Nightmare." Dream called out to him.
"Coming. " Nightmare responded stand on the branch to jump off. He landed on his feet.
"My brother is so talented." Dream commented wiping a fake tear.
"Dream!" Nightmare cried in embarrassment.

"So Nighty, what are you going to do today?"  Dream asked.

"I don't know Dream." a look of realization flashed on Nightmare's face. "Wait a second. I know what i'm gonna do today."

Dream looked at Nightmare expectantly.

"Oh, right. I'm gonna go see how my friend is doing." Nightmare said. "Promise i'll come back before sunset."

Nightmare waved and headed toward the forest.

-

Dream has never seen his brother so happy and that made him happy as well. He went into town as his brother went to the forest.

Dream had many friends in the village. Everyone loved him. He wasn't sure why his brother didn't have friends from there too. But he didn't think much of it.

-

A crunching sound was heard every time Nightmare stepped on a leaf. This was enough to catch the attention of a group of kids from the village.

"Who's there?" a voice yelled.

Nightmare felt shivers go up his spine. He couldn't move. He heard the sound of leaves and footsteps becoming louder. 

"Hey look guys, It's that freak." One of them yelled. This of course got everyone else attention. They could never stand a chance to hurt him if it meant he would leave.

And Nightmare just stood there not able to move.He hated every second of it. Everything was too much for him. overwhelmed his aura of negative feelings grew stronger. This only fueled the bullies though. The added hate made every punch and thing thrown at him worse than the last. This lasted for 10 minutes and what felt like an eternity of pain for Nightmare. 

"You should just leave already." one of them chortled.

"Yeah, We would all be happier here with out you." another added.

They all laughed and left as if nothing had happened. Nightmare was in pain. He tried to get up but whimpered. There was no one to help him. His mind was clouded in negativity so he just lied there doing nothing.

His bruises and cuts hurt. He could feel blood seeping out. This feeling was unbearable. He tried to get up again and succeeded. The first thing he did was assess the situation. He couldn't go to the tree because Dream would ask about his injuries. So he thought, wiping a tear, and came up with solution.

"Y/n!" his voice croaked. Nightmare was going to go visit her anyway. He tried he best to remember where Y/n led him. Soon he arrived at her cottage and remember about the fence.

Would it even let him pass through. He thought and tried to pass. He hoped for the best. And it did. A sigh of relief left his non existent lips and he proceeded to knock on the door. It was only a few seconds before a strange feeling erupted inside of him. 

Nightmare realized that it was Y/n. He didn't question it though, he could do the same thing too. One thought bounced around his head, 'what could Y/n be doing'. 

He cracked the door open and only made it a few steps before falling into a deep sleep

-

It was almost the afternoon and Y/n was still meditating. It was a good thing she didn't need to eat much or she would have been starving.  She focused on what needed to be done though she could feel a presence near her home. Her vibration only rose to combat it and won.

"Y/n." a spirit called to her.

"Nils. " She answered getting a bit emotional.
Nils was the original gaurdian and the only role model she had in her life.

"You have done enough,  young one. Someone needs you." Nils spoke in a booming yet quiet tone.

"what do you mean Nils?" Y/n asked confused.

"They are in need Y/n, It's time to go back into reality." Nils answered. "Goodbye."

Y/n Gasped. She looked at the bush. The flowers was radiant and glowing as if they had just bloomed.

"A job well done for me. But what did Nils mean?" Y/n talked to herself as she headed to her cottage.  She got a snack and went to her living room where she saw someone on the floor.
" Nightmare." She put her hands over her face.

She did her best to help the guardian. His wounds were healed but he just wouldn't get up. Y/n was just starting to get worried when a yawn echoed in the room.
"Nightmare?"

Nightmare faced Y/n and looked at himself." Thank you. I'm sorry if I was a bother."

Y/n just chuckled. "Oh, you weren't a bother to me. You just suprised me. You know I wasn't expecting someone to visit." Nightmare felt himself blush a little.

Y/n smiled. "Here have some bread and tea. I was waiting to give it to you so you can recover your lost health."

"Thank you." Nightmare repeated as he bit some of the bread. It was euphoric to him.
"Y/n, I have a question." Nightmare asked.

"Yes, Nightmare." Y/n responded.

"How was I able to pass through?" He questioned.

Y/n came to that realisation. "That is a good question. Magic signature I think. It recognized you. Thought you were no harm and let you pass."

"Oh." Nightmare thought and smiled. He was trusted and that was truly one of the best feeling he could feel.

He could see that the sun was close to going down so he said he goodbye and left.
When he arrived Dream wasn't there.
'He's probably at the village.' Nightmare thought.

He climbed the tree and sat on the branch observing.