13

After hearing threats being thrown at each other for atleast an hour Y/n decided to explore. The castle was big after all.
She already knew how the courtyard was due to earlier events. And she did not want to go to the dungeons. At least not yet.
She was sitting on one of the more cleaner and confortable sofas in the castle.
"Hey Error." Y/n spoke aloud.

Error looked up looking at y/n dead in the eye as he finished a stich on his newest scarf. "What do you want?" He spoke harshly.

"No need to be so rude walking window vista. " y/n smirked awaiting an anoyed reponse from the glitch across the room. " I just want to know. Is there a library here by any chance."

From the corner of her eye Y/n saw Error roll his eye before speaking, "Of course we have libraries. The goopy nightmare always spends his time there if he isn't sulking about his past."

"So he still reads." Y/n smiles to herself.
"Do mind say where its at?"

"Down the right hall. 3rd door to the left. If you want fiction. 2nd door is nonfiction. I don't know the others though." Error said putting the scarf close to his face.

"Thank you Error. That scarf is looking nice." Y/n complimented wwhile walking of the room. Following Error's instructions she found the libraries.

She decided to go look through the fiction books.

Opening the grand doors of the library she gasped in amazement.

It was one of the greatest things she has seen. Thousands of books existing in one place. And the design was breath taking.

The wibdows were open and the moon light illuminating the room made it more aesthetically pleasing. A tree grew in the center of it as shelves of books surround it.

"How was Nightmare able to get all of this. It even has those cliché books that-" A multilayered voice spoke cutting Y/n off "Y'know that is a good question."

Y/n jumped back in suprise and tried to regain her composure. "Warn me next time Nightmare." She coldy said.

"Just saying." He shrugged putring bacn a few books.

"Its funny." Y/n randomly spoke.

Nightmare raised a brow paying attention to what she was going to say.

"It is interesting how you still do the things you used to do before you corrupted." Y/n explains.

"Of course I do. It doesn't reset my whole personality." Nightmare commented.

"Well after the whole negative emotions fiasco. I expected you to be more different. " Y/n continued. "It is nice to see that apart of the old Nightmare is still there."

"You do know i'm never going to be the same right." Nightmare reminded. "There's no changing what had already hapoened Y/n. I'm going to be stuck like this until I die."

Hearing that didnt sit well with Y/n. She wanted the old Nightmare back. Her best friend. She was devastated hearingbthat he will never come back.
But there was one pary of her that refused to accept this.

There has to be a way she kept on repeating in her head. She had to try.

"Nightmare I want to help  you. I want you to be you. The real you." Y/n spoke.

Nightmare looked a bit offended. " This is who I am now. And i can't change it.  Just accept it y/n." He grabbed a random book and left the room.

"Ugh its Euphoria. I read this one eleven times already."  Nightmare groaned in the hallway.

Y/n sat on a bench. She thought about her converstaion with Nightmare.

"That could've gone better couldnt it. " she felt a bit guilty after that realization.

"Why is it so hard to accept  that be is not ever gonna come back. The old nightmare is gone and the new one is the only thing I have now." She vented out loud.

Sighing she got up and continued her searching for a book.

She sifted throuh many titles finding a few intesting ones.

"I haven't read. This one in a long time."
Y/n said holding the book called treaty in her hands. "Nightmare used to love this one. "  A sad smile appeares for a split second before she inturrputed her own thoughts. "Maybe it's as good as i rememeber."

She took the book and left the library.
"Miss." A croaky voice firmly announced.

Y/n turned around to see one of Nightmare's guards.

Intrigued she asked, "what is it?"

"I am here to guide you to your room."
The guard continued its voice wavering a bit.

You followed the gaurd through dozens of hallways until you got to your room.

"Thank you very much." Y/n said.

The papyrus gaurd left smiling at the nice gesture.

Y/n stared at the purple walls of the room. It was lavender. She sat book in hand on her bed. The glanced at the cover before reading it.

-

She had just come back from town. Five books were in her basket. She saw nightmare waiting for her on a lavendar blanket on the floor.

"Nighty. I got new books!" Y/n exclaimed."

"Really? Can we read one?." He asked hope in his eye.

"Sure. How about you choose it?" Y/n answered.

Nightmare walked up to y/n and choose a book blindy.

"It says Treaty." Nightmare spoke.

"Come on Nighty. Lets go inside so we can read it." Y/n beckoned .

They had set up a pillow fort and sat next to eachother to read treaty.

They both laughed and shared thier thoughts with each other.

"Nighty what do you think is gonna happen to Ro?" Y/n asked Nightmare who looked invested.

"Obviously Blanc is going to be forced to hoin. He has no choice." Nightmare elaborated.

"You're right Ro is a powerful character."y/n agreed.

"I mean destruction is all she really does N/n(nickname)." Nightmare clarified.

"You really get into these don't you." Y/n teased.

"No i don't." Nightmare said sticking out his tounge.

"How mature of you Nighty." Y/n continued.

He blew a raspberry and ran to the garden Y/n following behind.

-

Y/n finished it in four hours and was smiling at all the nostalgia she felt.

She placed the book on her desk and went to bed.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/n

You guys are amazing. I can't believe this has 1k reads already! I'm speechless.
-pinknmoon