15

Y/n stared at Nightmare wide eyed. The sun wasn't casting a reflection on him as much as light poured into the room.

"What do you want to talk about Nightmare?" Y/n asked crossing her arms. The room was a bit cold. Y/n felt something was off.

He keept on staring at the door not answering the gaurdian.

"Nightmare?" Y/n questioned. "Are you going to tell me what's going on or are you just going to stare at that door forever?"

Nightmare proceed to walk closer to Y/n. Y/n realized what was wrong.

"Hey Nighty.. I gotta go. " y/n lied. "I have something important to do."

Y/n tried to open the door but was stopped as a tentacle reached it before her.

"Nightmare! What are you doing!" Y/n yelled defensivly. She drew her (weapon)

Nightmare fell on his knees. Y/n still holding her weapon was ready to strike. Nightmare had begun coughing.

She wore a face of concern mixes with fear as nightmare curled up into a ball.

There was so much pain in the air. But there was something else. An energy she hadn't felt in a long time.

Her weapon was gone and but she was still aware of what was happening. She continue to stare at Nightmare.

"Y/n..." The gaurdian heard her name being called by a frail voice. She turned to see goop disappearing to find her old friend.

"Nighty.." Y/n whispered. Her eyes had started to water.

She was stepping closer to him.

"Stop... Please don't come closer..." Nightmare pleaded. "Leave y/n... I can't."

"I cant just leave Nighty. You are right there." Y/n tries to reason.

"Y/n just listen." The guardian of negativity stressed.

"But I have to." She insisted.

"Leave now god damn it! I cant afford to let him hurt you! " Nightmare yelled as the goop started to reappear.

"I-" y/n said taken aback by his statement.s

"Just go... Take Dream and the others. Its not safe for you ..." He calmed down a bit. "I cant."

His breathing became heavy.
And had slowly got up.

Reluctantly Y/n left the room.
"I promise Nighty.. I'll come back for you." She she as a glint of determination reflected on her eyes.

She ran.

There were. A few thoughts that ran through her head. Find dream ,Find ink, find blue and escape.

The sound of her heel taping the ground echoed through the dark corridor.

She tried to find them by using thier emotions. They seemed to be a bit broken. Though she couldn't sense Ink.
"Souless beings.." She hissed. That was going to make thing progressively more difficult.

She ran for a biy longer before hearing a hum come from one of the cells.

"Dream!." Y/n called out.

"Y/n!" He yelled back hoarsely. The golden in hus eyes were much more grayer than usual.

"Dream we gotta go. Theres no time to explain but we gotta find Ink and Blue." Y/n explained quuckly.

Dream nodded but stood waiting.

"Oh right... I should probably let you out shouldn't I." Y/n said embarassed.

"Yeah." Dream agreed.

Y/n laughed nervously as she let Dream out of the cell. He was really frail.

"Okay lets find the others." Y/n affirmed.

Y/n called out for Ink and Blue and so did Dream. They seemed to be in better shape than dream when the two guardians found them.

"Y/n! Dream!." Blue exclaimed. "Im so glad you're here."

"Us too blue." Dream spoke.

Y/n concentrated on letting the other two out. Once she did the stepped out. Blue tackled dream and ink stood still.

"Vials?" Y/n asked.

"Vails and broomie. They took everything. " Ink said blankly.

The void of emotion made Y/n feel uncomfortable.

It seemed to have made a huge difference to the protector of Aus. He eyelight were white like almost any other sans.

"Well we gotta move. " Y/n urged.
She paniced more once footsteps became more aparent."Now."

"Everyone think of a happy memory. " dream yelled.

-

"You know what make me happy Nighty? Books. " a younger y/n spoke.

"Oh really?" Nightmare answered giving a few seconds of eye contect to show he was paying attention.

"Nighty what make you happy?" Y/n asked.

Nightmare thought for a bit and began to talk. "Two people. Dream and you."

You gave him a smile as his face began to change into a purple black.
-

When she opened her eyes Dream was beckoning her and the other to go through the sunlight yellow portal.

She took a deep breath and stepped through.

"The antivoid..." Y/n thought out loud.

Y/n turned to face the star sanses. "There is something going on. And I think I know how to solve it."

-

After y/n left the ever flowing negativity was fully recovered

"Why'd you let her go you idiot." Nightmare hissed.

"I cant." His tone shifted.

Nightmare trailed slowly to find Y/n. He sensed her presence in the dungeons and proceeded to. Storm his way through.

He heard exicited shout coming from his "brother and his friends". He felt pain but trudged on forward.

By the time he got there all what was left was just the left of positivity tjat was kow hurting him.

The castle turnes into darker shades of purple, black and blue.

"You Idiot." He yelled. "Stupid past self."

He huffed and went upstairs. Everyone im the castle moved out if the way of the irate nightmare.

He sat on his throne and proceeded to tap his fingers and the cold metal.

He took a moment to look at the reflection of himself from the painting.

He looked at his reflection in disgust. His reflection gave him a look of pain and sadness before fading intobwhat he currently was. A sigh left the nonexistent lips of the negative mass. His eyes were slightly more purple than cyan now.

---
Thanks for 2k reads!!