18

He stood up with all the pain from the strangle. He winced and teared up a bit.

"Look at you. Youre shaking." The other version of himself mocked.

He stayed silent.

"Still nothing. You really are a stubborn piece of shit aren't you?" The corrupt version spat. "Tsk tsk tsk. Its a shame really."

The guardian already shaking in fear let out a gasp. His other self gave that haunting smile. The smile that would make a child cower in fear, the smile he wore on the outside. The though made him feel horrible.

Nightmare heard a crack and felt more pain spread through his body. The agony, the panic and the fear coming from the skeleton made the other's already terrifying smile wider.

"Aren't you going to talk? We both know youre in pain. Even if i couldnt sense your emotion I could still tell from your sad little face. " Nightmare menaced. "You have tears streaming down your face. What could I expect from someone who delt with this on a daily basis."

Nightmare's pain turned into rage. He is no longer trembling out of fear and gets up slowly.
Once he does he limps to his other self ignoring the pain he still he felt. The other version watched him with that smile. His cyan eye seeming to glow brighter.

"I see you're up." The corrupted version stated the obvious. "How about we make this intersting other me?"

His tentacles flailed from everyewhere at once. Nightmare did his best to dodge and get closer to his corrupted version.

The corruupted self got a hold of his leg and through him back. Nightmare let out a sound of pain before getting back up and bolting back. Everytime he would get closer. Eventually Nightmare was face to face with himself. He saw the other version gice him a grin.

He was so tired of this. He was smiling and enjoying his suffering while he was getting more enraged. Nightmare let put a scream running as fast as he could to attack his corrupted self.

Miss miss miss miss. That is what happened everytime he tried. He still wouldn't give up. He felt it in his soul that if he kept trying he would get closer to getting what he desired.

"You're not getting anywhere just attacking me. " The black goop covered skeleton cackeled.

Nightmare gasped realizing what he had been missing out.

"Negative emotions only fuel him...er me." he thought out out loud. "I know what to do."

Nightmare was more determined than ever. His corrupted self was starting to realize this.

Each step that nightmare took was more frightening to the corrupt being.

Nightmare on the other hand was doing his best to keep calm. He needed to unaffected by the situation. Every breath that was tooken was to help calm his nerves. He tried to think of somethingbthat could help him. One thing jumped in his mind.

He thought of the things that made him happy. One of them being stronger than the others. He confidently strode to his other self giving him a smile before attacking.

The corrupted version was surprised by this action. He took a stepnback trying tontake in what happened only to get hurt once again. He got angrier but saw it still had no affect on his other self. He truly felt like he was in trouble.

Nightmare held onto every ounce of postivity. Because the only thing that could damge negativity is postivity and vice versa.

It finally seemed like things were turning to Nightmare's favor.

The corrupt veraion let out a hiss as each strike hit him. It was damaging to him. To him it was like getting hit by the arrows Dream would send his way in battle.

"Would you quit it!" He corrupt version yelled.

Nightmare peered up and said a lighthearted "no".

The corrupted one aeemed to have enough of the games his other self was playing and turned into goop.

'Great that makes things harder for me' Nightmare thought. He almost face palmed realizing he was failing at what he was doing earlier.

'There's a silver lining to everything. But what is the silver lining for that puddle of goo'

He kept his gaurd up whilst trying to think. 'It means that what im doing is working'.

Nightmare with his hopes stronger than before waited for the goop to reform. It happen shorly after.

"That was extremely lucky." He spoke aloud.

"You're right you fucking coward!" The corrupted nightmare yelled. His attacks had grown messy. He was weak for now.

'I have to take this chance. it's now or never.'

He took a deep breath and gave a hopeful smile.

"You can't stand there forever! Fight me! Come on!" Nightmare jeered.

The corrupted nightmare took lashed out in a frenzy.  "You stupid bitch!" His attacks were becoming harder to mive out the way from as they became quicker over time.

Nightmare still held into that hope he had before. The attacks finally came to a stop. The corrupted nightmare was breathing heavily. It looked like he was going to go mental.

It was an open opportunity. And he took it. It was just enough for him to have a bit more control.

It felt like the world was crashing down on him.

It was time for someone elae to take over.

"SOMEONE HELP!" A scream of anguished was released into the void and every universe.

-

In dreamtale y/n and Dream bwee fast asleep. Y/n heard a scream in her dreams.  She sat up quickly gasping. Dream was still asleep.

"What was that.." She whispered.

The moon was close to being full. Three days were left.

The scream she heard echoed in her head like a bug. 

"Dream..." Y/n tried to wake up the gaurdian.

Dream yawned as he stretched. "What is it?" He asked drowsily.

"I heard a scream." Y/n explained.

"Well that's peculiar." Dream scratched his skull.

"It's was louder when I looked at the  sky." Y/n continued. "Do you think it means anything?"