4

Nightmare and y/n had left her garden after a few more minutes of silence.

Y/n dwelled in her emotions for a bit.
"Why can't I just be normal!" She grabbed her nearest pillowed and screamed.
She lied in silence to let the sound of conversation between the skeletons outside.

"Hey."

"What do you want Nils..." Y/n groaned.

"Now that's not how your supposed to greet your caretaker." Nils scolded as he aparated in front of her. The silver human like wisp of a silvery white fog stared her dead in the eyes.

"I know that look." Nils pointed out, "what's going on?" He circled around the golden and white room.

"What's with everyone suddenly wanting to know how i feel." Y/n muttered shift her positions on her bed.  "I thought you would know since we're connected."

"Well. I don't. And i won't really know unless you tell me." Nils finally decided to stay in one place.

"It's really stupid honestly." Y/n admitted,"You won't judge right?" She faced the silver manifestion of Nils with a childish like pleading look.

He nods.

"I dunno how im supposed to say this. Um i. I think i like someone, but im not sure." Y/n tried to explain.

Nils looks at her in confusion then i amazement. "Ah! You're growing up so fast! Just a couple centuries ago i remember you being such a shy girl now look at you! You have a potential interest! Who is it n/n?" He cooed.

"Nils!" Y/n shrieked. This was not what she had though things would go.

"So...?" Nils asked.

"Nightmare."she said quietly. Embarrassment seemed to fuel the situation.

"I knew it!" Nils squealed in delight. "So when are you going to tell him?"

"Im not sure if i wanna. It might make things awkward. And i might have already messed up everything!" Y/n vented. "I don't want things to get worse."

Nils shook his head. "Have you considered that it might be worse if you stay silent?" The silver wisp faded slightly.

She thought about this. Was the advice her mentor valid. Was it better to follow it then to dwell in her own sorrows.

Nils stared at the guardian. He saw her as the thing he used to protect, the concept of nothingness. The prescious flower that makes up her soul. Delicate yet dangerously gorgeous. It's influence striking on how she lived.

"I have an idea." Y/n announced springing up. "Im going to get a little bit of help though Nilhil."

The spirit nodded at his protege disappearing with the wind. The light entering the room much more sharply bringing out the golds.

Y/n was filled with determination.

-

When it came to actually starting her plan she was everything but prepared. Every second that passed made the unnerving feeling in her gut grow.

"Maybe i should back out." Y/n thought as she tended to her pink roses. Petting them slightly after she moved on to the next plant. ",uh... I can't now. I've already done so much..."

A crisp knock echoed in the green house.

"Come in!" Y/n yelled, spritzing water on the chrysanthemums. "Maybe i should plant lotuses in here.."

The footsteps seemed light but there was a subtle clack. Boots, she identified them as Dream's."I hope im not bothering you N/n."

"No not at all." Y/n said as she set aside her gardening supplies. "What's up?"

"Not much. Just that nightmare's been more quiet recently. He won't tell me why though." Dream gazed at the pavement below him. "I've been trying to figure it out but i couldn't so i came to ask if you knew anything."

'Well this is just perfect' y/n thought as she broke into a nervous sweat.

"Y/n?" Dream waved his hand.

"Ah ha. About that... I. Well i kinda. I did a thing. And well-"
"Its okay y/n take your time" dream reassured.

This did the exact opposite effect dream was trying to go for. What was left of a calm demeanor, if there ever was one, was now a sequence of unfortunate events.

"Is it really that bad y/n?" Dream questioned his companion.

If y/n had the ability to move right now she would probably be screaming on the floor while in a fetus position. Tears of embarrassment threatened to slip.

On the outside she looked like a stone cold statue. With her eyebrow twitching slightly at the thoughts ruminating in her head. A scream of anguish left her lips.

Dream was concerned as ever. The "beet red" y/n was covering her face in shame.

"Im sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. It really-" Dream only managed to let out a few words as the other guardian continued to apologize.

"She's trying to dodge the question." Omnia's harsh tone was hard to ignore. "Come on, y/n we don't have all day y'know."

"I-"the gaurdian tried to string together a sentence. "I did a thing."

"Okay. What did you do?" Omnia questioned.

"I may have hurt someone i deeply care about." Y/n slowly revealed.

"Guessing it's nightmare right." She asked. Y/n nodded her head in confirmation. "Okay. Why'd you do it?"

"It's really stupid. I said some really hurtful words over something so insignificant. Al he wanted to know is if i was okay and i reminded him of something he wanted to forget." Y/n was exasperated by her own foolishness.

"Wow. You fucked up." Omnia bluntly stated. Y/n slumped in place. "It's a good thing we're gonna help you set things right."

With a slight sparkle in her eyes y/n shot up," really?"

"As much as it pains me to do it. Yeah we'll help. " Omnia reinstated whilst Dream gave a thumbs up.

"Don't forget us!" Blue screamed.

"How did they- how long were they there for?" Y/n laughed in confusion.

"The entire time y/n. The entire time."Blue continued, " i felt like something was going on so i had to see for myself and i was right!"

"Well, that's interesting" the Guardian smiled taking mental notes to be more cautious about personal things.