Chapter 8

Chaeyoung's POV

Mina left me thinking of what she said.

Why is she asking me to say that words? It is not important for my proposal. Because saying that word won't change anything. She's still a gold digger.

After I finished eating, I went to wash my plates and sighed when I saw hers. She left without washing them again.

I washed our used plates. After a moment, I'm done and I went upstairs. Into my room.

I stayed there doing my work. After, I took a bath and changed into my big sleeveless shirt and shorts. When it's time for lunch, I decided to walk downstairs to prepare my food.

As I entered the kitchen I saw Mina cooking already. She was startled when she took notice of me leaning on the door frame, observing her.

She didn't say anything, so I kept looking at her meaningfully. I was trying to distract her.

It seems working because she's starting to move consciously, like she's afraid I might judge her.

"What are you cooking?" I finally asked, with a soft tone.

"None of your business." Mina responded blankly. I smiled and walked towards her.

She glared at me after I checked the pot. She's cooking something I don't know.

"What's that?" I asked.

When she didn't respond, I grabbed some potatoes, carrots and any other ingredients from the fridge and started preparing it.

"I'll let you know how to cook the most simple-to-prepare kind of food, a soup made with kindness." I said sarcastically, she still didn't respond but I know she's following me.

She's looking at me intently and listening to whatever I said.

I moved her pot from the stove and replaced my pot, and I started heating it. I was saying the procedure and then doing it and she's silently listening to whatever I'm saying, she's a meter away at my back.

I can feel Mina's stares at me. She still wasn't saying anything. I tried to focus so I ignored her.

"...then you will put your ingredients altogether." I didn't glance at her but I can feel her intense stare at me.
"When it-"

"How do you learn cooking?" She cutted which made me wanted to laugh but I suppressed and held a serious face before I answered.

"I cook my own food ever since I decided to live by my own." She only nodded and I continued mixing the soup. After a moment, it was perfectly cooked then I served it for us.

"I hope you learned something. I can't always cook for the both of us." I reminded and looked at her as I placed our soup on the table. I caught her still staring at me and she averted her eyes away quickly. I smiled amusingly.

"T-thanks." She stuttered.

I sat and she followed after, facing me.
"You were looking at me the whole time." I said and smiled at her.

Mina's POV

I was actually enjoying cooking my food until she appeared.

I was experimenting my cooking skills, trying to see if I could make the food Jihyo was once cooked for me. But I think It's better if I cooked ramen. I was starving and I really wanted to eat, so I let Chaeyoung teach me how to cook her soup. It was simple and it smells good.

I was impressed. The way she made it look easy for me to cook. I also learned my first recipe from her. Should I be thankful?

So I said thanks and my stuttering made me sound like I was hesitant to thank her. Am I not though?