Chapter 11

Mina's POV

I was talking when I noticed Doctor Jeongyeon isn't beside me anymore so I looked back and saw her waving, as I looked up, I saw Chaeyoung through the window of her room.

She looked emotionless. She didn't even waved back to Doctor Jeongyeon but looking at me like she's making me guilty of leaving her.

On the other hand, I was glad Jeongyeon came because if she didn't, maybe I already gave up to Chaeyoung's trap.

"..don't make it hard for me when you're going to give up soon anyway."

I almost fell for it. I should be more careful from now on.

"Doctor Jeongyeon, let's go." I called.

"Oh, Sorry." She apologized and walked towards me. "I preferred to be called by my name Miss. Mina, I don't like being too formal." She laughed.

"Then, you can also call me Mina." I said, smiling.

We started walking towards the baywalk after I closed the gate and I can still feel Chaeyoung all over my body. Her kisses, her touch and scent lingered around my neck.

"Are you okay?" Jeongyeon worriedly looked at me when she noticed me phasing out.

"Uhm, yeah, I'm fine." I tried to sound blubby.

She just nodded and we continued walking with the white sand below our feet. The summer air is so refreshing as I inhaled it and I noticed Jeongyeon did the same, then she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Do you still feel dizzy from the day you arrived here?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I am not experiencing it anymore but my head hurts sometimes mostly because of my housemate." I admitted.

She chuckled, "should I warn your housemate then, so she will stop bothering you."

"She will not listen to you, I swear." She glanced at me for a moment.

"Is it okay if I ask something personal?" She asked and I looked at her curiously.

"What is it?"

"Do you find girls attractive?" She asked me curiously and I felt my face heating.

"N-no. I mean.. Sometimes." I replied shortly and looked away. She giggled.

"About your housemate, Chaeyoung, I'm sure she likes girls." She concluded and I looked at her.

"Why?" I asked.

"I know, I can sense it." She proudly said.

She guided me back on the pavements and we walked towards a small cottage where some people bought a glass of alcohol.

"Do you drink?" She asked.

"You'll let me?" I glanced at her unbelievably.

"Just a shot, our body also needs alcohol you know." She reasoned and held my hand, helping me sit. Such a gentlewoman. I mumbled a thank you and she ordered a two glass of wine. When it was served, she gave me the other one and she gestured a cheers to me.

"I swear, if Sana will know about this." I reminded.

"You won't tell her." She smirked and I just smiled at her mischievously and drank my wine.

"So, how about you," I started and Jeongyeon faced me after she drank hers, "do you like girls?" I asked.

She smiled, "Sometimes." I looked at her suspicious and she laughed.

"I actually thought you and Chaeyoung are a thing already." She said, averting her eyes.
"When I waved at her lately, she didn't wave back and I thought she might be confused why I came, but then you called me and she closed her window. I think she's mad."

"I'm straight." I said hardly. And she looked like she was hesitant to believe it.

Am I though? After all of those...

"Shit." I silently cursed to stop my thoughts.

"O-okay." She was suppressing her smile. "If you say so." She's pretending to believe it.

I can relate.

"And we'll never be a thing." I followed up. "I even hated her, i do." she looked at me, confused then I looked away.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because she told me that I'm lazy." Her reaction was priceless, she looked like she wasn't expecting it.
"And that I am a gold digger. That I worked in that house because I don't have my own and she even accused me about digging on you because you're a doctor." I confessed. My face was so hot and my eyes got watery. I don't know if this is the effect of drinking a shot of wine or whatever. I just wanted someone to share all of this and I'm glad Jeongyeon is here listening of all my dramas.
"I'm sorry." I wiped a tear and she hugged me.

"Its okay." She patted my back and I hugged her tight. "Did you tell her that you're not like what she think you are and that you're in fact, an amazing, hardworking businesswoman owning a successful business company in Japan?"

I pulled back and nodded at her.
"She didn't believe me."

Jeongyeon patted my shoulder and I looked at her, "Let me tell her the truth, that girl must apologize for insulting you." She gave me an assuring smile.

"Thank you but don't bother about it." I said which made her confused. "I'll let her believe what she wants to believe about me. Its not your problem anymore Jeongyeon, your only problem is to help me recover fast so I can go back to my work and with that, of course, you have to be sure that I'm alive everyday here." I said and smiled at her.

I'm really glad Jeongyeon is here.

---
6 pm.

Jeongyeon invited me to see her clinic and we stayed there for hours talking. Then she took me for lunch in one of the eatery inside the resort and took me to one of the famous bar club. We drank a bottle of beer while talking a lot about our lives then we decided to go home. She even wanted to walk with me inside the house but I insisted not to because Chaeyoung might be in the kitchen now preparing her dinner.

I slowly opened the gate and closed it, then I walked towards the front door. When I was about to open it, it suddenly opened and Chaeyoung was standing before it.

"Hi." I greeted, slightly startled when I saw her. Did she wait for me?

I walked inside when she didn't respond and she closed the door. What's her problem?

"Dinner is served, let's eat." She said coldly and walked towards the kitchen.

She cooked for us?

"I ate already," I said but followed her inside the kitchen anyway. "Jeongy-"

"Then, eat again. With me." She's demanding. She wasn't looking at me but I can tell she's pissed.

"But I'm not hungry," I reasoned "I'll go to sleep."

I walked upstairs when I didn't heard her respond after.

I would like to eat with her because it's her first time inviting me, that's why I feel bad of refusing. But also, I think its right to keep my distance from her.

Just making sure something won't happen again between us.

---

A/N - Hi friends! I would love to know your thoughts. Please don't be shy to share your feelings about the story.

❤ylyh