Chapter 29

They got off the plane more than an hour later and quickly looked for the awaiting van, parking on the same spot Mina could remember.

The old man greeted them and quickly put their bags in the trunk.

"I'm happy for you." Sana said to Mina as soon as they seated comfortably inside. Mina held a confuse face. She have no idea of why Sana said it.

Sana just gave her a quick hug with wide smile and asked the driver to go. Mina furrowed her brows by the lack of elaboration from the grinning girl, but decided to not dwell on it much.

They've been on the way for almost half an hour. Mina sat there silently, gazing through the window as the glass fogged up in humidity when she breathed there, drawing a small smiley. Sana beside her was already asleep, leaning on her shoulder. Her thoughts were circling around of what's gonna happen later. Will she see her there again?

She shook away the thought, thinking it was impossible as Heechul's project had finished five months ago. Sure does the girl wasn't there anymore.

She cleared her thoughts and quickly turned her focus to somewhere else. To her sister, to the company and to the cloudy and gloomy sky with a tint of slight orange aligning the setting sun at the calm sea. She is amazed by the sight and got sleepy as time went by. She decided to sleep along with Sana, leaning her head on the sleepy head beside her.
---

"Miss. Mina," she felt someone shaking her shoulder lightly and slowly opening her eyes. There she saw Jinyoung's smiling face outside, opening the door for her. "We're here." The old man informed and she gave a thankful nod and looked beside her.

Sana wasn't there beside her anymore.

"Uhh... Where's Sana?" She asked as she stepped outside. Her heart fluttered a little by the sight of the familiar red gate.

Jinyoung handed her the rolling bags, "She went with ma'am Tzuyu, she didn't say anything." He said.

The driver was about to get in the van, "u-uncle Jinyoung." She called, the old man looked at her with a smile. She opened her mouth to ask but she closed it afterwards, decided not to do so as she became doubtful if Jinyoung knows anything about this.

"No-nothing..." She sighed, "thanks."

The old man nodded and continued to get inside and drove off.

She heaved a deep breathe as she gripped her bags tightly.

Whatever's inside, Sana has something to do with this. She thought and pushed the gate open.
---

Dim lights of the chandelier greeted her as she opened the front door. She slowly stepped inside, her heart pounded hardly on her chest. And she's certain that it is because she knew, something or someone awaits her there.

Or maybe a surprise of me finally coming back from vacation. Her mind, distracting her of thinking about that one certain person who caused her heart beating rapidly.

She roamed her eyes for a moment on the entire house. It was like a long time ago when she thought of never coming back here ever again. She should've went straight upstairs and lock herself inside the room. But her feet seemed to have mind on its own as it drags her towards the closed kitchen door.

She stood there. Hesitantly raised her hand to reach the knob. She knows exactly that there must be someone inside as she heard a faint rustling through the door. She closed her eyes, her head low as she slowly turned the knob open.

"Mina." A soft voice called. She felt her knees weakened as she opened her eyes, slowly raising her head. Chaeyoung was staring back at her, plates on her hands.