Chapter 27

Mina's POV

I came back to Japan and let's just say, to my old busy life.

Not really.

Another boring month passed and all this time only, I was often more got scolded by my best friend, Sana.

No. It's not because I became workaholic of my work in company again or me abusing my health whatsoever...

"Yah! Where are you?!" Here she is again. Shouting over phone early in the morning.

"On my bed?" I asked with my eyes still close. I'm fully awake now but I'm still trying to go back to sleep so I didn't get up yet.

"It's almost 10:30 and you're freaking late for work Mina-chan! Get up now and fight dragons!" She's overreacting, I know. But I'm getting used to it now. Her being my second annoying alarm clock.

Because lately, I became super lazy to even dress myself up. I could barely attend a single meeting in the company and I would always ask my secretary for rescheduling some appointment.

A full contrast of the old Mina I used to be.

"My company can stand on its own Sana." I reasoned still buried under my comforter. "I need to rest so I won't drop dead. I can no longer run that company if that happens, y'know." I chuckled and hung up and threw my phone somewhere on the bed.

It's about time that I realized about it. I can't always be on hand for the company. I should have time with myself too.

Is that really the reason?

I got up and prepared myself for work. The famous quote really hit me hard these days: It's better late than never.
---

-lunch

"Mina-chan," Sana called, I looked up at her with a raised brows while eating udon. She gulped her food, "I was supposed to be happy because you're fully recovered now but I'm worried again."

I gave her a look of confusion while she took another bite of her cake. We are currently in my office, eating for lunch. Since I became depressive, Sana would sometimes visit me in my office instead of me going to her clinic.

"Since you came back, you became a different person. Not the busy and workaholic Mina I used to know." I gave a slight nod and goes back on eating my food again. "And you're not telling me why. You're being secretive to me." She sadly added.

"I just don't have anything to say, that's all." I bluntly said, enjoying my food.

"I'm worried because you didn't seem affected by the heartbreak. Except you're being super lazy and tardy." Said Sana seriously, "is that supposed to be the effect of a sudden break up? Aren't you crying and weeping all night?"

I slapped her arm playfully and glared. "Mind your business please." She acted like she's hurt by rubbing it and smiled sheepishly. "And we didn't broke up. We're not like in a relationship or something." I corrected.

She promised to me that she will help me with my operation: forget-the-unforgettable thing which is apparently not happening because she would still sometimes bring up a topic that could make me remember. I admit, it does hurt so bad, but I don't think weeping and crying could help anything. It's just for the hopeless weaklings that couldn't deal a simple heartbreak. It takes time to heal the pain but it would still mend eventually without being obviously hurt.

She nodded in understanding, "I'm just worried for you. You act like it was nothing to you even though you are really hurting. Just how? Some people would even take months before they could act like that."