Chapter 26

Chaeyoung's POV

It's raining heavily but it doesn't matter to me as I stormed outside the gate even when I'm still wearing my pyjamas. Who would bother changing clothes when you knew someone important to you would be dead any seconds? And I can't risk another minute for that.

I saw her through the window earlier, walking out with a towel and I knew she would go for a swim but I didn't do anything to stop her. Didn't she know that there's a bad weather going on?

"Help!" A faint call from a distance alerted me.

I felt my heart pounding anxiously in my chest as I ran to the shore and searched for the source of the voice, panting.

Please don't be Mina. Please don't be her. I prayed repeatedly in my head as I looked around fully soaked by the heavy rainfall.

"Help me!" I looked at the dark sea, "I'm here!" I saw a girl, waving her hands up and I gasped when I recognized her.

Shit!

I ran faster than flash towards the water, not really afraid of the big waves hitting my face. I pant as I forced myself to get closer to her as fast as I can, pounding and stomping my feet on the rough sand, paddling my arms through the big waves.

"Mina!" I called to her but she didn't seem hearing me. Big waves of the water were drowning me every second and I'm horribly tired, I was distracted for seconds and when I looked back up.

She's gone.

"MINA!" I screamed in panic, hot shred of tears on my cold cheeks.

I swam underwater and forced myself to see through the darkness. I swam and swam to her until I catched a glimpse of her white shirt. I grabbed hold of it and pulled her waist, hugging her. I felt terribly tired but my mind was fixed on saving us from drowning. Making sure Mina's head was facing above the surface, I forced myself back to the shore, pulling and pulling with my feet working harder on the sand with all my strength. The big waves did a big help as it pushed us back to the shore until I could finally walk out of the water with unconscious Mina on my hands. Dragging her away from the mad sea.

"Mina." I called when we reached enough distance from the water. She seems not breathing so I compressed her chest with my hand rhythmically.
"Mina... Wake up." I begged as I started crying again. Without hesitation, I leaned in and did a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Its been months since the last time I felt her alluring lips. My heart pounded hurtfully of the thought. I shouldn't think about it just now. Mina's life is in danger.

Please wake up!

I pulled away and she hardly coughed out some water with half close eyes. I sighed in relief and happily hugged her while she stayed still laying on the sand in daze, that's when I heard some people coming towards us.

I pulled away, ready to scold the irresponsible life guards.

"Emergency!" I angrily screamed at them, I can feel my ears burning. Three people with I.D's ran hurriedly to us, soaking wet by the rain. "Are you guys even doing your job? You acted so late!"

They came to us and helped me to stand Mina up, who still have wobbly feet and still not saying a single word.

"I'm sorry ma'am," one guy said, "we did warned the people to get out of the water." I glared at him and he lowered his head.

The two other guys were holding Mina and their faces seemed embarrassed to look at her. That's when I realized that Mina's breast were visible through the thin shirt. I quickly grabbed the towel from the sand and covered her in it.