Chapter 18: Decisions

Seth POV

I sat on the stump, pulling my head into my hands. a wave of anxiety hit me and I wanted to scream.

I let my uncontrollable sobs take over my body. I couldn't breath.

We were perfect. the perfect pair. but every time we make up, something get in the way.

I put her in danger, and she would be so much better without me. it just hurt to think about it.

I stood. and started making my way back.

I let the tears fall down my face. I knew what I was about to do.

I was about to crush her. but for her own safety.

I don't want to, but I have to. there's more vampires after her. because of me.

It hurt to know that the vampire was right. she is in constant danger around us. one slip could end her, and I couldn't risk that.

I saw my home, and her small body emerging from the wooded area behind my house.

She saw me, and she started running to me.

Tears were falling down her perfectly perfect cheek bones. I'll miss her.

She jumped into my arms and I hugged her one last time.

"Alex," I set her on the damp and muddy ground.

She looked up at me confused.

I sighed, and more tears fell.

"What is it?" She asked staring at me concerned.

"I-we need to t-take a break," i stuttered, and I felt my insides rip.

She sobbed and ran inside me house.

I followed, planning to explain myself.

She went straight to me room.

"Baby-"

"Don't 'baby' me Seth!" She snapped.

She grabbed a duffel bag, and shoved her belongings in it.

"Where are you gonna go? You can stay here Alex,"

"I don't know where the hell I'm going but I'm not staying here," she was just like that.

That was such an Alex remark. stubborn and afraid of being let down.

And I let her down.

"I'm sorry Alex, I'll always love you," I pleaded, "but I need you to be safe, and I created too much trouble,"

She sobbed.

"What happened? Why did you leave me? Why won't anyone tell me what's going on?" She screamed breaking down.

"A vampire wanted you away from me, he said you were in danger and he was right. he pulled Leah aside and threatened all of us."

She sobbed once more then screamed, "so your leaving me only for me to end up a vampire?!?"

"NO! No no, I will still protect you," I hesitated, "you deserve a normal relationship,"

"I don't want normal," she sobbed.

In that moment, I knew she was broken. she's shattered.

She grabbed that stupid bag and ran from my house.

I can't believe I just did that. she won't ever forgive me.

But if she's safe and happy, I'll deal with it.