Chapter 7

Them

"I'm just going to get some more food, you stay here." You told her. She stayed in the room with sick Link. He began grunting as the pain increased more and more. She got close to check if he's okay.

He placed his hands on his head. "Link?"

You had come back as fast as you could.

"(Y/N)!"

You walked to Link who was covered in sheets. You hear a blood-wretched scream from him that scared you. Taking the sheets away from him, he grips onto your throat. "Link!"

He throws you to the ground and kneels to the pain. "Ahhhh!!!!"

You see him transform into something else. A wolf. "L-Link?" You were already terrified as it is.

The gray wolf with white on it's sides and darkish green on top looked at you. He growled and sprinted at you, scratching your arm. Akari created a bubble around you that made the wolf stay away. He heard the yetis outside and ran. "Link! No! Akari, what happened?!Ow..."

Akari noticed you were shaking. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, we need to go after him." You ran. out of the room. You got out of the mansion, knowing he was out in the snow because the Yetis seemed just fine.

It was dark out, it worsened your fear. "Link? Link!"

You hear distant growling. "I'm creating a shi-"

"No! If we show him we're not scared, he'll stop! It's Link! We can't hurt him!" You get on one knee. "Link, please get back to me. I won't hurt you. The wolf got close to you as he stopped growling. You looked at his eyes.

They turned both red and blue. "Link is here..but there's someone else with him."

Akari stopped in and placed her hand on the top of his head. With her other hand, she offered it to you. You took it and in an instant, you were in another realm.

You opened your eyes and saw a silhouette. "Link?"

He turned. It was. "Link!!" You shouted. "(Y/N)!!" He ran to you. You two hugged. "Oh man! I got scared! You turned into a wolf and then you attacked and I thought you were going to get stuck like this and-"

He stopped you. "(Y/N), I'm fine." He smiled and looked at your arm. "I did this?...I'm so sorry.."

"It's alright, I know it wasn't you." You said. "Huh?" Link responded. "There's someone else with you here."

"Who could that-" Someone came in.

"You don't belong here, (Y/N)." Thst voice. Not again. It was her, but just a fraction.

"I will get rid of that power!!"

"I've had enough of her." Akari said, turning into a bow. "Wha- You can do that yourself?!"

The bow itself aimed to the fraction. She used all the light she could to create a strong light arrow. When she let go, the arrow missed. That fraction got to Akari and stabbed her. It had happened so fast in front of you. Akari fell to the floor as you and Link ran to her. The fraction left after its victory.

"Akari!! You shouted. "There's no way I can heal...now. Except for the shrine..but you can't get there..I'm sorry, (Y/N)..." She coughed. "You'll be stuck here..I'm so sorry..."

"No! No! No!!" You screamed as Akari vanished. "I pray to the goddesses to get us out of here..!" Link shouted. As you screamed, a light came through that took you two somewhere else.

~

You and Link were on the ground. You two looked around. "Where are we..?" Link asked. There were so many murals. "Is this the shrine..?"

"Welcome, please enter the circle to identify you." A voice said. You and Link entered the circle. "Welcome, hero of twilight. Welcome, princess of light." She said. "How can I be of service?"

"Just what is this place?" You asked. "Spiritual realm. That is what this shrine is called. Gods and Goddesses would come here to heal or improve themselves. Not only themselves, but their spirits. Spirits often take a big part in a god's life. They are partners forever. Even if you didn't see them, they took care of you. Just here, you can heal your spirit, Athena."

"Athena?" You asked.

"Yes, princess. Your human name may be (Y/N). Your blood name is Athena. You are the goddess of wisdom and war. That's why you are allowed here." She said. You looked down.

~

In the distance, no one was around. Up close, no one was. Just her. She sang a lullaby, alone. The song of the Forgotten Hero. She stood up. Her spirit was whole, she was human again.

She began moving around, freely. Changing her tune, she began humming. She gave him a song as a goodbye. No, he didn't die. She did.

She knew he was going to be forgotten by the people he saved. She warned him, yet he killed her. "How lucky was I." She said. The song kept her memories. She didn't feel resentment against him. "You knew what you had to do. I deserved it. As an apology for all my trouble, I led your descendant to her. He'll save Hyrule once again. I longed to be warm again. I hope they'll be okay.."

~

"What was her name?" The voice asked. You looked up. "Akari." You responded. "Princess, I know I serve for the gods. I know you're hurting, but you must keep going. Everything will be alright. You must go back to Gerudo desert." The voice said as something came down in front of you. It was a spear and a shield. "Take these. Now, go."

You and Link left the shrine. You faced Link. "You really think everything will be fine?" You asked him. "I know I spent little time with her, but it felt like if I've known her for all my life." You kept going. Link held both of your hands and placed them together. "Yes, I believe. I also believe there is a way we can get her back."

You looked at him. "The voice said there wasn't a way we couldn't get her back. Let's go back." Both if you smiled, until there were screaming.

You followed the scream and there was a boy in need. Link rescued him from the monsters. "Are- Are you alright?" He asked the boy.

The boy looked up in relief. "I am, thank you." He stood up. "What're you doing here? It's dangerous." Link said. "I'm exploring." The boy looked at you and then at Link. The boy had blue eyes with black hair. Village clothes.

"Alright. Let's get going." Link said to you. You followed. "W-Wait! Can I come with?"

Link nodded.

~

You three went to the village at Gerudo desert. The random boy looked around. "Who is he?" Avani asked. "He needed help." Link said.

You were at the main building of the village. Staring at the staff, something made you want to grab it. You couldn't it. It seemed so right to, though.