❁ E I G H T E E N ❁

❁ 𝐃𝐨𝐯𝐞 ❁

"Maybe I should have, but I should have done it the day I went to the bookstore. When I helped you put the books on the shelves, I should have done it when I still had you in my arms." I was in shock at his answer.

He approached me slowly and the confidence I had a few minutes ago disappeared as he approached me, just as my pink cheeks turned red.

He was about to touch my face with his soft hand when I heard Zach in the hallway.

"Dove! I want you to help me finish this song." He said singing.

Corbyn stood up and went to his suitcase, pretending he was looking for something.

Zach came into my room and jumped on my bed.

He was too distracted looking at his notebook to notice my red cheeks.

I was still trying to regain consciousness of what had just happened, when Zach put the notebook in front of me.

This notebook is something very important to Zach. I'm even proud to say that I was the one who gave it to him, it was on our tenth birthday.

Zach and I had a tradition that in all our birthdays, we used to go shopping with our parents and Jonah, but when we got to the store we split up: boys in one group and girls in another.

The goal was to buy a gift for the twin from the opposite group.

That year, my mom and I were looking for something that Zach could use for many years.

At first, we were going to buy him a guitar, but then my eyes saw the notebook.

Black velvet hardcover with a pocket inside and enough pages to write a good hundreds of songs.

I loved the notebook, but it was too simple, too simple for Zach, so I decorated it with a silver Z and a star, because my brother always liked extravagant things.

You should have seen Zach's face when he saw what I had bought him. He had a really big smile that I don't even know how his face didn't hurt from smiling so much.

It was also on that day that I received my own bow and my arrow holder.

Both, Zach and I, were so happy and distracted by our gifts that we didn't even notice that our parents had taken a picture of us when we were hugging, and Jonah had joined.

Each of us got a copy: I keep mine in a compartment of my arrow holder, Zach inside of his notebook pocket and Jonah has his in our dad's wallet, that is now his.

I closed the notebook and opened it in the pocket area, from where I took the picture and looked at it, reminding once again of the moment.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫...

- 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭♡