Chapter 13

*** Time skip (100 years) ***

The next hundred years passed by with continues missions and wars for the trio. They'd now become even more battle hardened whom were held in deep respect. Karen had passed on and so had Bethel. Eidos, Xavier and Coraline had become so famous that word of their feats, though mainly his, had reached the ears of the Olympians.

Needless to say, Chaos was bursting with pride and prancing like a chicken. The century stalking Eidos had definitely been worth it. He thought of how Eidos was just so perfect for the role of Commander. In battles he was ferocious but merciful and at ceremonies and balls he was charming and regal. He had managed to impress even the nastiest and judgmental of all officials. And if a problem occurred, he was quick to handled it, displaying awe-inspiring grace, dignity and pride.

*** Flashback (200 ago)***

Eidos didn't see the point of holding ceremonies at all. It was the only thing that irked him in all his commanders duties. Sure, it was a ball to introduce him to all the Kings, Queens, or leaders of all planets, but it still didn't make sense why they had to hold a ball. Why not a picnic? Or maybe a training camp? They would definitely be much easier to handle...

He was currently wearing a black leather tunic which hugged his torso, and black leather pants underneath. Both had the traditional swirling patterns of Chaos, but also had sea green linings like the cloak he wore. Xavier was in a similar outfit except for the swirls, but had gold linings like his cloak. Cora was in short skin-tight dress with simple black leggings under it. Like them she too had her silver linings. It was quite different from their usual flowy clothing which encouraged movement for practice, so he felt quite awkward for a while.

Eidos was also forced (by Chaos) to wear his ceremonial sash across his chest to symbolize his Command. He also told him to keep his wings on display, but folded. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't have opened them, they were simply too big. In all, the fancy leather, showy sash and wings were enough to make him cringe on the inside. What he would do to just return and sleep in his room.

When it was time for them to enter, they subconsciously straightened up, pushing their shoulders back. Coincidently, it was also the duos first 'official' public appearance since they were very busy handling the army. They'd met the nobles before, but it was very brief and businesslike, very unlike the relaxed atmosphere they were about to enter. Cora was feeling extremely self conscious as she walked a step behind Eidos. She could practically feel the people judging her and Xavier.

She knew Eidos was accepted worldwide, as he was the one who had given at least half these royalties their throne by assassinating their planets former leaders, but what about them? In the public eye, they were just Eidos's lackeys who somehow managed to keep the Chaos armies in order until Eidos arrived. She worried about their reaction to them. But instead of worrying on these thoughts she focused on Eidos.

She had to say he was doing and amazing job for someone who loathed this kind of stuff. He was mingling easily, talking, praising others naturally. She sometimes wondered how he all of this just came to him naturally. The old Percy was clumsy and dense, but the Eidos she saw was charming and attentive, making her realize just how much he had changed. 

One thing that caught her eyes was the cluster of girls huddled in the corner, giggling and occasionally pointing at Eidos and then giggling again.
Maybe he was still dense....? 

Eidos seemed to completely miss them and continued to talk naturally to anyone who approached him, making her decide to ignore them, like Eidos was doing and focus on the ball. So she asked Luke to a dance. Might as well enjoy something, right?

Luke was still reeling from the shock of being asked to dance by Cora. Though he was pretty confident in his dancing skills, it all fell away when Zoë took his hand and started to dance. Who would have known  that the battle hardened, former hunter could dance as beautiful as a freshly bloomed rose. He was awed as she spun and twirled, her grace reminding him or her hunter roots. She looked like a predator stalking prey, sure-footed and light. He wasn't the only one captivated by her light smile and tilting wrists. Many were looking at Cora as she stayed lost in her own world. She was only focused on his hand in hers and the song beating in her heart, surprised when they both ended-up out of breath.

As they stopped, Luke, still smiling, went to see how Eidos was handling himself. He was even more surprised to see both Chaos and Eidos chatting away with groups and hoards of people. Not to mention the reddish tint in all the ladies cheeks, whether young or old when they spoke to him. But to Luke, the men's reaction was far more hilarious. Either they were looking up to him like a role model and idol, or they stuck their noses in the air in arrogance and jealousy. Poor Eidos didn't notice any of these reactions and chatted away polite as ever.

Finally it was time to leave the ball, and despite themselves, the trio felt a small amount of happiness at leaving, though they had a great time in their own way.

*** Flashback over ***

~(Edited)~