Chapter 28

Once Zoë had made her death threats and made sure Demi and Luke understood, things calmed down around camp. Unfortunately the way she made the understand was by pinning them to the archery range and practicing her skills. Even Demi who was new to their group was not spared. The precise huntress, who never missed a shot, purposely slipped up to ensure that she left marks on them. By the end of the ordeal, both were left with many nicks and bruises.

The campers were definitely questioning their actions, but didn't dare go to the murderous woman. Seeing a colorful headed woman, shoot a tall man and a small woman inches from their eyes, ears and torso with perfect precision was enough for most to run trying not to wet themselves.

Once Cora left them, Eidos helped them out of their duck tape, trying not to laugh at them. He held himself together very well until Demi said- "Remind me not to piss off Zoë again, will you?"

After hearing that he burst, not caring who saw him. Seeing his best friend so traumatized by this experience was too much for him. Still laughing he pushed his shaking friends in the cabin, realizing that they were the reason he was still going on. Their laughs, their hugs, their words. Them.

***

Hestia watched as Percy laughed. Such a beautiful sound. It quite the contrast to how she remembered him. Broken eyes and decayed soul were now replaced by a twinkling eyes and happy soul. Though she knew he was hurting, she also knew that he was healing. Slow, yes, but, healing nevertheless. 

She had come here to talk to him, but she wanted to wait awhile so that he could enjoy his little moment with his friends. Once the laughter in his cabin had ceased, she made his way to the humongous chaos cabin and knocked. The door almost immediately opened to show Percy, who immediately dropped to his knee. Feeling flustered that someone more powerful, in fact one of the most powerful people was bowing to her, she grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the beach.

"My lady! Whats wrong? Did something happen?" Eidos frantically asked her as she pulled him towards the beach. He very surprised to find her there because in the moment he had forgotten to keep his guard up and hadn't sensed her aura. He mentally scolded himself for his slip up, but decided to focus on the goddess pulling on his arm.

"Eidos, you need not bow before me! I should be the one bowing not you!" She exclaimed as she let go of his arm once they reached the beach. 

"My lady, I did not bow before you because of your power. I bowed before you because I respect you. I'm sorry if it made you upset..." Eidos said as he looked down at the sand.

Hestia was warmed to her core as he heard his words. Many only respected her power but he respected her for who she was. After a pregnant pause she burst into tears and hugged him tight.

"Oh, my boy...."