Chapter 14

***Time skip (1000 years)***

It was time. It was the time Chaos had dreaded since Eidos came to outer space and accepted the position of Commander. He knew that war was brewing slowly on earth for a couple of centuries, but didn't anticipate that it be so soon. Usually he would pay no mind to the affairs of his planets, but this war was going to be different. Why? Because it involved a certain Commander of the world world. 

Earth was one of the more versatile planets, where layers upon layers of worlds existed together. Sometimes they would collide, but grave consequences were met every single time they attempted to join or fight. And the most troublesome of the worlds were none other than the Greeks. 

Hundreds and thousands of times they've caused trouble, but now they'd stepped into something more that they could handle. Chaos had always given them a pass since he held a soft spot for the Olympians since they technically his descendants, but it pained him to see how arrogant they'd turned out to be. And now he had no choice but to interfere if he wanted to save them and maintain the balance on Earth. No to mention that it was a great way for Eidos to face his pain and move on completely. Or maybe he just wanted the Olympians to get their bottoms kicked by him. (He was evil that way.)

Over the years, Eidos had wriggled his way into his heart, and the usually emotionless Chaos had let him. Maybe it was his kindness, or his courage, or his pain that made him see the hooded boy as a son. And now he needed to test that bond by being the one to tell him that he would be going at core place of his betrayal. 

He would be lying if he claimed that he wasn't afraid. 

As usual, he called them at the conference room, mentally debating how to frame his words. He didn't get much time because without delay the trio was present, seating themselves in their thrones, awaiting their next mission. 

Eidos did his little routine, checking for eavesdroppers or spies using by his aura sensing ability, which still baffled Chaos. Only the gatekeepers and a few people could do it since it required  immense concentration. Once he was done, he gave a simple nod, urging Chaos to speak freely.

After much deliberation, he decided not to sugarcoat it and tell him honestly. He knew Eidos would prefer it, so he just steeled his nerves and forced himself to say it.
"There is a war brewing on earth. They need our help, but we do not have to do so. The Olympians are involved, and as of now, without external help, they will fail.  It may affect the balance of Earth negatively, but can be restored after a brief period of destruction. It's your choice Eidos." 

It took them quite a while to process the information. It was quite a contrast, hearing words which were once held dear but feeling hatred well up inside at the thought. Zoë and Luke realized what he meant sooner, but still didn't dare move a muscle, waiting for Eidos's reaction and answer. It was a pure moment of anxiousness for the three members which soon broke when Eidos lightly lifted his hood. 

That in itself was shocking enough. Eidos rarely removed his hood. Underneath the shadows created by the cloak, his eyes were burning as he stood up, but the words he said burned brighter. "We'll go."

The dread in his eyes when he said that almost broke him. His normal glowing eyes had turned a dull green and the orange flecks which made his eyes seem like his eyes were dancing were gone. But he recovered surprisingly fast and sat down clumsily, much unlike his usual fluid and graceful motion. The simple action was telling to the duo.

Meanwhile, Luke was furious. Those arrogant fools could never keep peace, so he decided to express the proper reaction which his too-noble-of-a-brother couldn't.
"How can you ask him to do this?!!" He raged at Chaos. He knew his anger was misdirected, but so did Chaos, so he didn't say anything. Zoë too glared over his shoulder, in complete agreement.

Both Eidos and Chaos let the duo shout and scream and vent out their anger until they were exhausted and their voices hoarse. When he was sure they'd calmed enough to listen, Eidos spoke up.
"I know how you feel, but you have to remember that this war will affect many more people than the gods. Innocent people will be slaughtered if we do not help. Children, elderly, everyone."

"War is not only a fight between 2 groups. Its a fight between beliefs, cultures and heritage. It's a fight against survival. The pain of war should not be carried by the youth."

All three of them were again struck by his nobility and kindness. They'd been forced in between war when they were kids, and the aftermath stuck to them till now. He didn't want other children to suffer as they did. And knowing the Olympians, it was going to be children who would fight. It had been a millennium, but still his acts left them breathless. Just like his act to help a place which only held bad memories and people who had betrayed him. But they also knew that he was right. Every single time.

Chaos smiled, proud but bitter to tell the Olympians that he would help. Eidos would help them.

~(Edited)~