Chapter 23

"Today, you all will be taught combat. Please arrange yourselves age wise, younger in the front, oldest at the back." At his words a flurry of movement took place and once they were settled, Eidos spoke again. "If you know your weapon of preference, raise your hands." Only the immortal campers and a few older demigods put their hands up.

They had really become lazy. He sighted and began the tedious process of matching a weapon to the person, just like he had Fury and previously Riptide. Once they had almost emptied the weapons shack, Eidos cleared his throat, issuing order again in the youngsters.

As he was opening his mouth to speak, Duke interrupted him. "Why should you teach them? What makes you qualified to teach them?" He asked him in a snide voice. There it was. Eidos knew that the particular son of Zeus would not hold his peace for long, and now he broke. He supposed it hurt his pride to be bossed around, and he was right.

"I believe I have more experience than you, godling. There is a reason I am Commander after all." Eidos replied, showing a bit of his sassy self. Unfortunately, all it did was anger him more. "Fight me, you coward!" He screamed. Till them a crowd had gathered watching a fuming red demigod trying to intimidate a man who had seen horrors worse than Tartarus.

"Fine" Eidos said quite calmly and twisted his ring to show Fury. Those who had gasped at seeing his ring, inhaled once more, seeing his glowing sword. Even Duke was scared at seeing the dancing flames in his black sword, and tried hiding his shaking, but failed miserably.

"Watch, younglings, for I shall ask questions on this fight later." He said and motioned for Duke to come at him.