2. The Final Stage

"Evelyn." Struckers voice boomed and echoed across the dark stone walls. 

"Yes sir." I managed to squeak out. 

It's been two years of hell. But this is all I know. I don't remember a thing before I was here. 

All I knew when I woke up was my name. Evelyn.

Strucker told me that he rescued me, so I believed him. I didn't have anything else to think. 

As time went on however, I began to question it. 

I am tested every single day. They, meaning Strucker and all his other mysterious men, have been saying it's to prepare me for something. But I'm not sure what.

I have been trained as a Hydra soldier. Skilled in combat and what-not. Then again, I haven't really gotten that far. I've only been trained for 2 years.

 Strucker says Hydra has great use for my talents though. Including my hacking abilities. 

Apparently, I have a very high IQ. 200 to be exact. So Hydra lets me hack and use equipment to keep my skills sharp. But then it is always back to my cell. 

"We have it." Strucker said stepping in front of my cell so that I could see him.

"The scepter from the battle of New York?" I say while rubbing my eyes. 

While I wasn't there or anything, I heard all about the battle of New York and the power inside of the scepter that belonged to the Asgardian, Loki. Apparently it's the type of technology Strucker has been after for years. 

"Yes. We finally have it. Which means that it is almost time for the final stage. We want to do the initial testing on some volunteers, and then we shall see what miracle you are given." Strucker says in a deep voice. 

"Are you ready?"

Here, in Hydra, there's no such thing is disobeying Strucker.

"Born ready sir. " I say trying to sound confident. 

*    *    *

I spit blood onto the floor as I struggle to make myself stand. 

I'm in a glass box, filled with what looks like a hospital bed and a few more items, which is very different from my normal cell in the basement of the Sokovian castle. 

My head is spinning in a million directions as I hear buzzing coming from everywhere. I press my hands to my ears to try and make it stop but it barely even dampens the sound. 

I try to stand up again but I feel a burning, painful blast through my legs and I fall back to the ground screaming. 

I grab the pillow off the bed and pull it over my head to try and stop the buzzing noises I hear all around me. 

I hear more screams around me and I peak out from underneath the pillow. 

Through the glass I see Hydra moving dozens of dead bodies out of here. I begin to feel my heart rate speed up and my breathing get sharper and faster. 

'Am I going to die?' I think. 

I then look across the room and see two other glass boxes with 1 person in each. One is a boy with blond hair and dark roots, while the other one is a girl with dark hair like mine. They both look older than me, but in just as much pain. 

I look around the rest of the room quickly and see there are no other 'hospital boxes'. 

'Are we the only survivors?'