14. Walk It Off

~I look up to the sky and see Ultron's army flying around and emerging from the ground, blasting things and causing mayhem.

People begin full on sprinting and I can't even say I blame them.

It looks like the end of times.

And if we can't stop Ultron, it will be.~ 

I raise my hand and begin throwing fireballs at the robots, which takes down a couple.

A few begin to land on the bridge and attack Captain Rogers. I run over to him and blast one that's coming up behind him as he's focusing on one from the front.

I let my eyes glow as I try to feel how many of them there are, knowing I might not be able to because they are robotic.

To my surprise however, I can sense them. Maybe it's from spending so much time with Ultron, or just because there are so many of them, but I can feel their mechanical energy.

I can sense them bursting through the ground and climbing up everywhere, throughout the entire city. There was not a single area that was safe.

I pull myself out of it and send my fists into the ground, creating a sort of ripple of fire around me, which takes down all the robots that are within a few feet of me.

I then stand back up and begin setting them on fire, from the inside out. All I have to do is extend my hand in their direction, and I can cause a fire to start within their wiring.

All of a sudden I feel this exploding pain in my head, and I drop to the ground, cradling my head in my hands.

"AAHHHAHAHHHHH!" I scream as I squeeze my eyes shut and push my hands against my head. A few seconds later Steve is at my side. 

"What's going on?" He asks, sounding concerned.

I can't answer him though. I can't focus on any one thing. Between the screaming civilians all around me, and with the high pitched siren in between my ears, I could barely make out Steve's voice. 

Then I feel my brain focus on something. Vibranium I believe, running straight through the core of the city. And it's powering up.

My head snaps up and my darkened eyes lock with Steve's blue ones. 

"Oh my God." I manage to say in a whisper before the ground beneath us begins to shake.

Steve grabs my arm and pulls me to my feet as the ground around us begins to crack and split, and one side slowly rises above another.

Another robot charges us and Steve lets go of me, grabbing it and running towards the area of the bridge that is splitting.

I take off after him, only stopping right behind an empty car that tumbles off the split bridge and into the pit that is growing below, as the very ground I am standing on gets higher and higher.

I look around, fear collecting in the pit of my stomach as I see the entire city being lifted from the Earth itself.

People all around are caught in between the cracks, trying to get to lower ground, or trying to prevent themselves from falling off the city.

The civilians shocked faces all around fill me with dread as I feel the vibranium gaining more energy, and engines underneath the city power up.

"Do you see?" I hear Ultron's voice ring out. It sounds as if it is coming from everywhere all at once.