9. Cotton Candy

Tony's POV

"What is this place?" Thor asks as we walk up to what looks like a small cottage in the middle of nowhere. We had just landed the jet after a very long and uncomfortable plane ride.

"A safe house." I say walking up next to him.

"Let's hope." Barton says, looking back at me over Natasha, who is wrapped around his shoulder.

I give him a questioning look but he ignores me, opens the door, and walks in anyways.

"Honey? I'm home." He says walking into the kitchen.

I look around very confused as to what is going on. Suddenly, a woman who looks to be pregnant walks out from around the corner carrying arts and crafts and smiles to Clint.

"Hi. Company. Sorry, I didn't call ahead."

"Hi." She whispers and kisses him, then embraces him in a hug.

"This is an agent of some kind." I say looking around, not believing what I was seeing.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura."

"I know all your names." She says with a smile. Everyone sort of chuckles and I raise my hand up as a wave.

All of a sudden I hear feet running down the stairs and I turn my head to the noise.

"Ooh, incoming." Clint says walking over to the stairs.

"Dad!" A small voice cries out. "Hi sweetheart! Hey buddy!" He says picking up the small girl and pulling the boy close, kissing his forehead. "How you guys doing?"

Everyone sort of looks over to him, confused out of their minds as to when Barton had kids.

"These are..smaller agents." I say pointing towards the kids.

Truth is, my heart hurts right now. I see Clint with his kids and it reminds me of when I was once able to hug my own.

"Oh my goodness." He says putting the girl down. "Did you bring auntie Nat?" She says in a small voice. This pulls Natasha from her funk as she looks over to the small child.

"Why don't you hug her and find out!" She says as the girl runs towards her and she lifts her off the ground.

Clint just laughs and holds his wife, apparently.

"Sorry for barging in." Steve says being all polite.

"Yea we would have called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed." I say looking at Clint, a bit annoyed.

"Yea well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. Kept it off Shield's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

I turn my head and look away from Clint. I know he was there for me on the plane and he's just living his life with his family, but it hurts me. 

I look over to Banner, and I see him looking around, getting squeamish and tense all at the same time.

"Are you alright?" I ask him. 

"I'm fine it's just-" He's cut off by the sound of the toaster dinging and two pieces of bread popping up.

As soon as that happens Thor turns and storms out the door, Cap following him.

I turn and watch them from the window in my own little world. Not really paying attention to much of anything.

I feel guilty.