11. Runaway Train

I can't see much from the back of the blur that is Pietro. 

I can't keep my eyes open for too long at this speed, but I manage to see an outline of a train before I have to close my eyes again.

When I feel Pietro put me down, I look up and see that Wanda and I are in the back of a train cart with Ultron and Captain America just up ahead.

Pietro zooms across the cart and knocks into Ultron, sending him backwards and off of Captain America.

Ultron steadies himself, and starts to walk over to Pietro when I throw a fireball at the back of his head. It hits the center of the head and sizzles against the metal.

Wanda then uses her powers to pull down guardrails to block Ultron from getting to Pietro and the rest of the people on the train.

He turns around to look and Wanda and I, a desperate expression on his metallic robot face.

"Please, don't do this."

"What choice do we have?" Wanda spits back.

Ultron turns around and shoots his lazer directly at the front of the train.

Pietro ducks in time but the blast shoots right through the front of the train, knocking out the conductor.

Ultron then blasts the door and flys out.

"I lost him." the Captain shouts in the communicator as he jumps over Wanda's mini gate.

"He's headed your way."

Of course, I don't have the com in my ear, because I didn't think I needed it.

I look up ahead to see that the track ends in about 30 feet, and were losing about 5 every second.

"This isn't good." I spit out before I can stop myself from pointing out the obvious.

The train blasts right through the weak barrier and onto the concrete parking lot, blasting right through that as well.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go! GO!" I hear the captain yell. I turn to Wanda but she doesn't hear him as we continue to move through the road.

Then Rogers stands up to face the three of us.

"Civilians in our path." He says to Pietro, who zooms out of the train knowing exactly what to do.

"Can either of you two stop this thing?" He asks Wanda and I. Wanda looks at him, hesitant, but I immediately spring into action.

I reach my hands down towards the floor, and feel the underside of the train. I feel the white start swirling around in my dark eyes and I see it swirling around my hands and fingers as the fire wraps itself around the wheels underneath the train, burning them so that they stop spinning through the cement.

I'm thrown backwards however when the train crashes straight through a building.

Debris fly in through the already broken train, one of which sends Captain America to the ground.

The building somehow doesn't stop the train and we continue to barrel through the concrete walls and ground. 

As soon as Wanda regains her footing, she forcefully pushes her hands down to the train floor and pulls it up, trying to stop the momentum. 

I crawl to my knees and force myself back up off the floor. I rush to Wanda's side and join her, burning off the wheels.

We both pull up with all of our might, and a few moments later, the train comes to a halt in the asphalt.