4. Watch Your Language

I stop running when I hear a really loud explosion. I concentrate my energy on the barrier, and I feel what I think is a missile hit the power center.

"Drawbridge is down people." I hear Stark's voice come in through the coms again. For some reason it sounds really familiar, but I don't have time to dwell on that right now.

I close my eyes and open them, letting myself feel all the energy around me. I concentrate on finding Wanda. As soon as I feel where she is, I make her feel my energy.

You know when you get a chill down your spine? Basically that. She knows that's my way of signaling her. I blink and I'm back in reality.

I see an explosion in the corner of my eye, so I turn and run in that direction. 

I have zero clue where Pietro is, because he travels a mile a second, but I have a feeling the Avengers are just about done outside.

I stop when I see the God of Thunder fly down and smash out some more Hydra men near Mr. America, who's running up to him.

I quickly lay down on my stomach behind a tree stump so they can't see me. I can't really hear them from this distance but I can hear them through their coms.

"The enhanced?" He asks the Captain. "The first one, he's a blur. I don't know what the second one did but I'm not sure that I want to find out." He says catching his breath.

"All the new players we've faced I've never seen this. In fact I still haven't."

"Clint's hit pretty bad guys, we're gonna need evac." I hear the female voice chime back in.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone the better. You and Stark secure the scepter." The Asgardian says. "Copy that."

I hear a huge vehicle approaching and I peer up to see a tank and about a dozen more men run up to them.

"Oh they're lining up." The god says, sounding shocked. "Well they're excited." The captain responded.

I look over to them to see the red caped man hit the American flag shield with his hammer.

As soon as the hammer hits the vibranium a lightning bolt cracks up and what looks like a shock wave rolls back, toppling all the men like bowling pins, and knocking the top of the tank clean off.

When this happens I tuck and roll down the hill to avoid being hit. I quickly jump back up to my feet at the bottom, thankful that I didn't just become jello.

"Find the scepter." The Asgardian says flying off.

"And for gosh sake watch your language!" I hear Stark fake scold. The captain just sighs and mumbles "That's not going away any time soon."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, but quickly shake my head. I have more important things to worry about.

I feel my eyes glow white as I set off a mini fire explosion on the other side of Captain America, causing him to run towards it.

As soon as the Captain runs off, I send the tingly signal to Pietro. Less than a second later he's at my side. "What is it?"

"The shield is down. Stark and the Soldier are going in to get the scepter."

"Have they found it yet?"

I close my eyes and concentrate. "Mmm, no. But Stark is getting close. It's only a matter of time."

I disconnect myself from the coms by taking the device out of my ear, turning it off, and slipping it back into my pocket.

After I do that, Pietro scoops me up and runs back inside the base.