7. Cuttlefish

Ultron has been going on about vibranium. It is the one thing he 'needs'.

He says he needs it for bodies and weapons, but I don't think that's the whole reason.

Then again, I'm the only one bothered by this so I keep my mouth shut.

Finally, or more accurately a few days after meeting Ultron, he found someone who has it. 

Ulysses Klaue.

He had stolen it from Wakanda and was harboring it, along with his men and a bunch of other equipment, in a salvage yard off the African coast.

All the ships there were stranded in mud. The water was either drained or dried up from this place, but I didn't really care.

We left to go find him.

*     *     *

We stood at the edge of the salvage yard. I got up as close as I could before scanning each ship for people.

I was immediately drawn to one ship in particular, 'CHURCHILL' from Great Britain. I closed my eyes and focused on that one.

Turns out I was right, as usual.

Inside was what must have been close to 20 or 30 men. Plus, I could feel the vibranium. I think it's because vibranium is such a powerful metal.

I opened my eyes and pointed to the Churchill ship. "That one."

Pietro zoomed me and Wanda inside while Ultron planned on going in through the back.

Pietro got us inside and we hid in a back corner. I looked around quickly before pointing up at Klaue. "There. In the clear office box." I whisper to the two.

Wanda then turns and uses her energy to shut the power off through the whole ship. Pietro zooms off to the office box while me and Wanda run at a regular speed to get up there.

Wanda and I hear a gunshot, but when we walk in Pietro is standing, arms crossed while bullets line the counter in a neat row, gun on the desk.

"Yaha, the enhanced. Strucker's prized pupils." 

Klaue crosses his arms and pulls his confidence back from Pietro's stunt.

He smiles, flashing his gold tooth, while sitting down. "Candy?" he asks, kind of in a mocking way, jiggling a bowl of candy around.

We all just stare at him and he puts it down.

"I'm sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life, not a growth market." He says smiling again.

I furrow my eyebrows. 

Was he talking about the fact that he was locked up, or was he saying that he was dead? Or was he talking about something else completely? 

I look to Pietro and Wanda and see that we all have the same kind of confused look on our face.

"You didn't know?" Klaue asks and I look back at him. I then remember hearing the bang as I left. Ultron must have killed him.

I didn't want Strucker killed, I had wanted him to have to live the way I have to, with no past. 

But I guess what Ultron did was less cruel.

Of course from what I heard about Klaue, he likes to bend the truth here and there. As one does. So I don't know if he's actually referencing something else