8. Mind Games

I quickly look around the ship and it's complete chaos.

Ultron bodies are flying around everywhere, and I know a few of them are trying to get away with as much vibranium as possible. That leaves Wanda, Pietro, and I to deal with the Avengers.

Pietro zooms off to chase someone leaving Wanda and I to face the god of thunder, and the super soldier.

Captain America throws a robot on the floor, then charges at Wanda, but she releases her red energy and sends him tumbling backwards.

Thor then tries to come at us but I shoot out a stream of fire which causes him to crash into the back wall.

I hear gunfire from above and see Klaue's men coming to attack us, and the Avengers. I think?

So now not only were we fighting the Avengers with Ultron robots flying around everywhere, Klaue's men are now also running around and shooting.

Captain America and Thor turn and begin fighting other robots that are coming at them while bullets fly everywhere. It's so noisy that it's hard to concentrate on just one thing at a time.

I decide to throw a ball of fire down at one of the men below the bridge. It hits him, causing him to tumble back and crash into some barrels, which might have been the real toxic waste because there was a big explosion.

Suddenly, one of Ultron's clones drops down next to Wanda and I. 

"Time to play some mind games." It says, and I know that's Ultron talking to us.

Wanda nods her head and grabs my arm, pulling me along.

"Wait, Wanda what am I supposed to do?" I ask her, kind of confused as she pulls me along.

"I'll deal with them, just cover for me." She says.

We pull around the corner and see Thor stomping away.

I throw a fireball past his face, making him look in the other direction so that Wanda can sneak up and get him.

He turns and looks straight at her as she finishes warping his mind, then we duck away. 

He doesn't even seem to notice that we were right there. He just lets us get away.

"One down, 5 to go." I say. 

"4." She corrects me. 

"We don't need to get Stark again. I have a feeling what I showed him won't leave him alone for a long time."

I nod my head in agreement as we scurry down the stairs to see Pietro knock into Captain America, throwing him into the staircase. 

Wanda leans over the railing and gets into his head, while Pietro leans back, holding his chest.

"Pietro, are you alright?" I ask him. He looks a little worn out.

"I'm fine. You two go. I got this."

I nod and we run back up the stairs.

I look up and see the Black Widow, or aka Natasha Romanoff, sitting in a look out. I nudge Wanda and point to her. I know that you can't easily sneak up on the Black Widow.

"I'm going to paralyze her with fear, and then you can go up there and mess with her head." Wanda nods in agreement and climbs up as I reach into Natasha's head and freeze her in fear.

Unlike Wanda, once I leave someone's head the emotions typically leave a few minutes after. Wanda's effects can last for a few hours, or a few months, or a few years.