17. Sister

Tony's POV

"NOW!" I scream to Thor.

No less than a second later, a giant blast of lightning shatters the city in the sky, and it's remaining non-apocalyptic sized pieces fall back to the ground.

We saved the Earth, again.

But that's not what I'm thinking about right now.

I'm thinking about dodging all the debris that is currently falling around me and just trying to live to see another day.

I can barely see anything with all the smoke around me.

I fly lower to get away from the dust and smoke cloud, and narrowly miss a building as I dodge out of it's way.

I dodge the large pieces of rock and building that fall around me as I fly over a large lake. The debris crashed into the water, sending up big splashes and waves for me to try and avoid as well.

I fly straight through a wave, and push all the energy from my suit into the thrusters and make it out of the "careful, falling rocks" zone.

I quickly go to the coms, and speak the first thing that's on my mind.

"Where's Evelyn? Is she on a boat?"

No one says anything and I'm frightened by the lack of an immediate response.

"Cap, is she on a boat!" I shout this time.

"Tony I don't see her anywhere." Rogers replies, and I feel my heart stop.

"She wasn't with Wanda when the city fell." I hear Vision's voice say.

I'm starting to hyperventilate now as I hover above the water.

I just found her. 

I had just found her, I hadn't even had the chance to tell her that I'm her dad yet, and I've already lost her.

"Is she the giant floating ball of fire!" I hear Clint yell through the coms.

Confused, I look above me and sure enough, there was a ball of fire floating where the city of Sokovia had been flying moments ago.

The fire wasn't exactly see-through, but you could see in between the flames that there was a person inside.

I force my suit to use it's last remaining bit of power to push me up towards her.

I feel a little angry, that she never got on a boat, but I feel more relieved to know that she's alive.

As soon as I started flying towards her, the ball of fire around her flickered out, and she began to free-fall through the sky, down towards the water.

I forced myself to fly even faster to try and grab her before she got too low.

I swoop in and catch her small body in my metallic arms.

This is the first time in 5 years that I've been able to hold my daughter.

I feel my heart ache when I look at the state she's in as I fly towards the carrier.

Bruises and cuts litter her face and arms, with blood smeared in her hair and drizzling from her wounds. The leather jacket she once wore is gone, but small patches of it have been fused to her shirt.

I gently land on the platform and take my helmet off. Dozens of Shield medical personnel rush towards me, a few even bring a stretcher over.

I look at all of them, knowing she needs help but I don't want to let her go.