3. Who's This?

"Wait you didn't know who I was before I was 3?"

"Yes."

"How did that happen?"

"Are you gonna interrupt and ask questions or can I tell the story and answer the questions?" Tony says with a smile, causing me to sit back on my heels and shut my mouth. 

To others he might sound mad, but I know he's not. This is just his personality.

"Now as I was saying, it was early August, 2004 when a social worker showed up at my doorstep in Malibu..."

*    *    *

~ 2004 ~

3rd Person POV

"Sir, there is someone at the door for you. I do believe it's important."

"Can Pepper get it?"

"She just did Sir. I'm afraid they are requesting to see you."

"Tony! You need to get up here!" Pepper's voice rings out right after Jarvis's. 

Tony sighs and throws his wrench down on the ground, moving away from his latest invention and quickly dabbing his greased stained hands on a white towel before trudging up the stairs from the basement.

"What the hell Tony." Pepper states angrily from the top of the stairs as soon as Tony reaches her. 

"What did I do?" He says nonchalantly, without a care in the world.

Pepper sighs and walks in front of him towards the giant front entrance. 

"What? Your not even gonna give me a clue?" Tony says in a joking manner, but the look on Pepper's face just says 'stop'. 

Tony looks away from her and rolls his eyes and she opens the door. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting Mrs. Turner." Pepper says to the lady standing at the front door. 

Tony turns his head forwards finally to see the lady standing at his front door. 

She was an Asian woman, with dark black hair pulled up into a bun, a larger figure, sharp thin glasses sitting at the very top of her nose,  and a lavender blouse. She was definitely an older woman, about 50's, maybe nearing her 60's. 

Tony's confusion only began to rise upon seeing her because he definitely didn't recognize her. 

"It's no problem Ms. Potts." She said, nodding her head towards Pepper. "Glad to finally meet you Mr. Stark." She said extending her free hand towards Tony. 

Tony limply shook her hand, then pulled away and shoved both his hands into his pockets, looking around like he was bored. Which he is.

"Erhermm" Pepper fake cleared her throat while elbowing Tony in the arm. 

He turned back to face her, confused. In all honesty, he really just wanted to be back in his workshop. He didn't understand why he had to be out here. 

Pepper widened her eyes and tipped her head back towards the woman, gesturing for Tony to look back to her. 

Tony looked back at the woman in the purple blouse, and that is when he noticed that there was a small hand clinging onto the woman's shirt. 

Tony looked down, and that is when he finally noticed the small girl who had been standing there the whole time. 

She had dark brown hair, and was wearing a t-shirt that was way too large and a pair of leggings that did not match. She was looking down at her sketchers sneakers so Tony couldn't see her face, and her head didn't even make it past the lady's hips.