1. I Can't Sleep

It was cold. And I couldn't see anything. 

But I knew why, because I could feel the fabric shifting and rubbing against my face with each forced step I took. 

The cold metal of the cuffs around my wrists that were squeezed way to tight gave me just another constant reminder that I was not in control. 

I heard the sound of heavy doors being mechanically opened, and then I was shoved to the ground. 

But I didn't get up. 

I laid there as they forcefully ripped the bag off my head and took the cuffs too. 

I blinked my eyes multiple times to make them adjust to the horribly bright light bulbs that hung loosely from the ceiling. 

The room was dungeon like, similar to the rest of the rooms I have seen. 

I didn't know where I was. Probably still Sokovia. I tend to go to sleep and wake up somewhere else. This isn't my first time in this training room. 

In truth, it might not have been Sokovia. This dark and cold facility could be located anywhere in the world. 

Telling myself that I was still in Sokovia was for my own personal sanity. 

I looked around the room to see that there was only one other person. 

He had long dark brown hair that almost touched his shoulders, and cold piercing blue eyes. 

One of his arms was completely made of metal, but it looked like he had control over it just like a normal arm as he scrunched that hand into a fist. 

I pulled myself off the floor and stood as tall as I could. 

I knew he was going to either 'train' me, or kill me. Sort of like a cage match. 

But I am a 10 year old defenseless girl against this very threatening man with a metal arm. 

And when Hydra has people 'train' me, they usually just throw me around the room for a few hours. 

"Welcome 5-6-2-9-3-7."

My code number. The number on my file. 

I turned my head to where the voice was coming from. 

It was coming from a light behind a small piece of glass, which I'm assuming is impenetrable, built into one of the giant metal walls. 

"This soldier here, will be training you today. If you survive the session, perhaps you will meet again."

I pressed my lips together to hold in my fear and tears. I learned early on that showing fear or sadness just ends in more punches. 

Emotions aren't really tolerated. 

I turn to the man who stands across the room from me. 

I could see some confusion in his eyes, probably wondering why he was asked to beat up a 10 year old kid. 

I was scared of what was about to happen, about death, and about the pain. 

Of course, this is all I've ever known. I only know my age because it's what's on my file.

I don't have memories of anything else. 

But in that moment of confliction in his eyes, I could tell. He was like me.