18. You Knew

"Are you all set Miss Evelyn?" Director Fury says as he sits down across from me at the very large table.

"I guess we're about to find out Director." I say, lacing my fingers together and placing them down on the glass table.

I was at the brand new, state of the art, Avengers facility in upstate New York.

I've been here for 2 weeks, but I still find myself gawking at everything about this place.

Everything was still getting moved in. It's a long process, especially since this is basically an everything facility. 

Everyone tells me that they are moving at an extremely fast rate compared to most moving jobs.

Fury was now sitting across from me in a conference room, about to conduct a cognitive interview.

He had done one with Wanda, asking her about anything she knew about Strucker's other works, but Fury said he had very different questions for me.

Because I didn't have my memories, he had told me that I was most likely kidnapped, and they want to try to uncover my memory of the people who took me so they could make sure they didn't kidnap anyone else.

I had told him that it was useless, and I couldn't remember squat, but he insisted on doing the interview anyway.

We had decided to wait until today to do it though, everything being so chaotic, and Pietro's death still being so raw.

It was of course still raw, but I was able to get through conversations now without falling apart, so I'd say that's improvement.

Stark has been following me around like he is my shadow recently. I have absolutely no clue why.

I also have been kind of clingy towards Wanda. Not in the annoying way, but I had been spending a lot of time with her, and always trying to be close to her when in a room with lots of people.

I just couldn't stand the thought of losing her too.

But here I was, on my own, about to do this interview with the black, bald, badass director of Shield. So, go me I guess.

"What is the earliest thing you can remember."

I close my eyes and try to push myself to my earliest memory.

None of my early memories were exactly good, but I've learnt to deal with it.

"I was on a silver metal table, strapped down. There was strange equipment on my head and arms, and a rubber guard in my mouth. I was screaming. I was in so much pain." I say blandly, while not opening my eyes.

"Do you remember how old you were, in this memory?"

"I was 9."

"And do you know where you were?"

"Sokovia."

"How do you know?"

"Because I was taken back to the same room later, for different experimentation."

"This particular memory, your earliest, is this the one where you lost your memories?"

I just nod my head yes in response.

I hear Fury scribble some notes down and I peak open my eyes to glance at what he's writing.

My eyes however, automatically land on the label for the manilla folder, where these documents will be kept.

The name written on it confuses me however.

"Who the hell is Evelyn Stark?"

As soon as that name leaves my mouth though, my eyes widen and my breath catches in my throat.