19. Social Skills

The next few weeks were, hmm how should I put it....

Agonizing?

Sure, let's go with that.

Fury found me again and told me that Tony Stark wanted me to go back to Stark tower with him. It all just felt so sudden, and I was having an extremely hard time wrapping my head around the very concept of being related to him.

I was approached by, well everyone. And they all almost had the exact same thing to say.

"Tony really does want you to go with him Evie. He cares about you."

It was almost like it was scripted, which who knows maybe it was.

And the sympathy in their voices....I just couldn't stand it.

Of course, I was approached by everyone except Stark himself.

To be honest though, I'm relieved. I don't know what I would have done if he had.

Despite others efforts, I decided I wanted to stay at the facility a little while longer.

Natasha and Steve caught me up on everything that was going on with the team. 

Natasha told me about how the hulk disappeared in a stealth jet, and was really depressed about the whole thing.

She also told me that Stark left the facility, and he would come back whenever I wanted, which was sort of daunting.

Clint was there for one day, and I managed to squeeze in an apology about playing with his emotions. 

He wasn't angry at all which made me happy, but then he had to leave because his wife was going to have their baby.

Steve showed me around the training facility, and formally introduced me to a man called Sam, the Falcon, and Lieutenant Rhodes, the War Machine. Of course, Wanda and Vision were training with them as well.

Thor was actually around as well, but it was mostly to try and learn what he could about Vision.

I really like Sam. He's funny and has a great personality.

James Rhodes is pretty cool too. He told me that Stark had given him the nickname Rhodey, and that's just kind of what everyone called him now.

Rhodey told me that he's been friends with Tony for many years, so he knew me when I was little. That's probably why I recognized him.

Also, there's apparently a lot about the world that I don't know about. Being locked up in a Hydra facility with no memory of the outside world will do that to you I guess.

I know a lot of things about technology, but I had no clue that there was such a thing as cookie dough ice cream. Which turns out to be amazing by the way.

Food innovations, who knew!

Although, because I don't understand a single pop-culture reference, I find myself feeling like the 100 year old Steven Rogers more often then I would like to.

On top of all this new stuff though, I was getting vivid flashbacks. They were usually short and out of context so I didn't understand a thing, but I made sure to tell Natasha about them if they involved Hydra.

Mr. Patchy was around, but he was usually busy with something, so I often went to Natasha instead.

Natasha also did memory sessions with me, to try and get me to remember more specific details, and to try and make things clearer. It didn't help at all though.