6. Eternal Emptiness

The robo man introduced himself to us as 'Ultron', which I found to be a weird name but I didn't question it.

Ultron led us back to the old Hydra compound, which I was NOT happy about. I just got out of that place and now this dude is dragging me back? Rude.

But when we got there the lights were already on inside.

We walked into the old secret room where the scepter used to be kept.

"We'll move out right away. This is a start. But there's something we NEED to begin the real work." He said gesturing to the workshop he had set up down there.

My mouth hangs open a bit as I look around at all these robots, all these 'bodies' that I couldn't feel.

"All of these are?" Wanda asks, confused. "Me." He says blankly. 

"I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony." He says flying and pulling down chains and such.

I had the urge to say it was because he cloned himself, and he was bound to agree with other copies of him, but I kept my big mouth shut.

"They're disgruntled, disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads-" He began to say before Pietro cut him off.

"Everyone's plan is not to kill them."

"And make them Martyrs?" Ultron says flying over to us, getting Pietro's point.

While yes, I knew that Wanda and Pietro had wanted to kill Stark, they had always said that they would never just do it as a random attack to make him the hero. Their goal was to tear down his reputation. Ruin him.

"Need to see the big picture." Ultron says nodding his head like he understands.

"I don't see the big picture." Pietro says as Ultron lands in front of us. "I have a little picture. I take it out and I look at it, everyday."

"You lost your parents in the bombings, I've seen the records." He says looking between the two. I look down at my shoes. This wasn't something I could exactly relate to.

"The records are not the picture."

"Pietro." Wanda says, trying to prevent him from a ramble but Ultron says "No, please."

I tune out the next part, continuing to look at my shoes.

I've heard the story multiple times. It's sad, and tragic, and I feel for them I truly do. I just wish I knew what it was like to even know my parents.

"I wondered why you two survived Strucker's experiments. Now I don't" I hear Ultron say snapping me back into reality.

I look up to him and I see his head turn to face me.

"Why did you?" He says to me.

I sort of glare at him as I feel the frustration rising in my chest.

"I don't know." I say trying to hold myself back.

"Do you know why you can't remember anything before you were with Strucker?" I shake my head no. He nods his head like he can understand my pain, which I know he can't, which kind of infuriates me more.

"Strucker took your memory. He did not rescue you, he kidnapped you. When you were just 9 years old." I can feel Wanda and Pietro looking at me, but I just continue to stare at Ultron, my anger building.

For someone who can control other people's emotions, I tend to have a hard time controlling my own.

I was lied to. I was lied to all these years. Only God knows what else I've been lied to about. Not like I was super surprised, but I was pissed that this is the way I had to find out.