10. He's Winding Up

Evelyn's POV

Ultron had taken us to Seoul, Korea. Apparently Doctor Helen Cho at the U-Gin Genetics Research Lab had a cradle that could make Ultron a body.

I have to admit though, I not really 'in' the mission anymore.

I didn't tell the twins or Ultron that of course, but I feel so distracted.

I felt wrong about unleashing the Hulk on all those innocent people.

Not to mention, Stark knew my name.

No one knows my name. Only Wanda, Pietro, Ultron, and formerly Strucker.

And unless Strucker was sitting down for tea with Tony Stark, I doubt he told him.

So how did he know who I was?

It doesn't make sense. And on top of that, his voice. It sounded so familiar. Like, more than just a 'I've heard his voice before'.

I knew that voice. On a deeper level.

I could never tell the twins that however. As far as they know, Stark got my name from my file.

But unlike them I've seen my file. My name isn't on it. I was just a number on a spreadsheet.

"Come on Evie, Ultron's body is almost done." Wanda says tugging at my arm. I give her my best fake smile and stand up.

We walk past the tons of robots that are around the halls of the building and go into Dr. Helen Cho's lab.

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours but we can initiate the consciousness stream." Helen said plugging something into the back of Ultron's head.

As soon as I walk into the room, the energy being emitted from the cradle hits me like a ton of bricks.

I stumble backwards and fall right into Pietro's chest. Pietro grabs my arms and lifts me back to my feet. I rub my temples with my fingers while squeezing my eyes shut, trying to bring my mind back to focus. 

The pure energy in the room is overwhelming. 

The power coming from the cradle is familiar, because it's the same energy that came from the scepter. 

But now the gem is out. No more casing. 

And I can feel the difference. 

The energy is so powerful that I don't even need to try and use my powers to feel it's presence.

I take my hands away from my head and open my eyes, regaining my balance.

"Evie are you-" Pietro begins to say in a whisper, but I just raise up my hand as a signal to stay quiet, and walk closer to the cradle.

"We're uploading your cerebral matrix.....now." Cho says walking back over to the cradle and pressing some buttons.

I look to Dr. Cho, who's feeling emotions that aren't hers, but influenced by the gem that was previously a scepter. I felt bad, but I knew Ultron wasn't harming her so I had let it go at the time.

"I can read him." Wanda says standing over the cradle. "He's dreaming."

"I wouldn't call it dreams. It's Ultron's base consciousness. Informational noise, soon-" 

"How soon? I'm not being pushy." Ultron cuts her off, trying not to sound impatient.

"We're imprinting a physical brain. There are no shortcuts. Even for magic gems." I look to Wanda who is pressing her hands to the cradle to read Ultron's thoughts.