Waiting.

Jotaro sat at home, a comfortable breeze was flowing through an open door. He sat at the table, huddled over a piece of paper. He hadn't slept in days, made obvious by the dark circles under his eyes and the red puffiness. Neatly written at the top was "Haikei Mr. and Mrs. Kakyoin". Contemplating on what to write, he thought back to when the old man mentioned how he might need to write a letter to Kakyoin's parents. He dreaded the idea, and had no clue on how he would tell them. He even considered writing to Noriaki himself, with a format kind of like a diary entry.

Eventually he gave up and set down the pen, standing up. The chair creaked behind him as it was pushed back, which he paid little attention to. He lazily walked over to the fridge, opening the door. At this point, Holly has walked inside, mildly covered in dirt due to gardening.

"Hi honey! I'm back! Would you like me to make you some lunch?"

"Shut up."

"Okay! Would you like some chocolate milk with a bit of sashimi?"

Jotaro half heartedly nods as he takes out a box of cherries. He starts shaking slightly, and puts the box of cherries back in, slamming the door shut, walking off to his room. On his way he snatches the paper and pen, and shuts his door, leaving Holly dumbfounded. Star appears next to Holly and waves apologetically, before disappearing. She smiles faintly at this and walks back over to Jotaro's room. She knocks delicately on the door, hardly making a sound.

"....Go away."

"Jotaro, you can talk to me. That's all I ask. You'll feel much better if you get it out of your system."

No response came from Jotaro as she stood at the door, waiting for something. After a moment she opened the door, only to find Jotaro lying face down on his futon. She sits next to him and hugs him gently. He tenses up at this but eventually eases up. They sit in silence for a few minutes, before Jotaro stood up. Holly looked at him, standing up as well. He went to straighten his hat, but upon realizing it's absence he glanced around the room quickly. He pats the top of his head and looks away from his mother, promptly exiting the room. Holly quickly followed him, only to be stopped by his hand.

"I'm going on a walk. Don't follow me."

She stopped, and nodded.

"Okay..!"

Jotaro walked out of the door, leaving her in the doorway. She waved him off and went to make him lunch.

Jotaro walked down the street near their house, contemplating everything that had happened. His mind wandered to Kakyoin's death. He stopped and pulled out a picture of the Crusaders out of his pocket. He stares at Kakyoin's sweet smile, his lavender eyes, his small figure... He snaps out of it after a minute, immediately panicking.

"Do I... like Kakyoin?"

He shook his head, refusing to accept the idea. But thinking back to that time he kissed him, maybe he did. He stuffed the photo back in his pocket and continued walking. He needs to get over it, it's been almost a whole year. He eventually made it back to his house to find Holly talking excitedly on the phone.

"Really? That's amazing! When will he be out? A week? I'll come and visit, I'm so glad to hear he's okay!"

Jotaro taps her on the shoulder. She looks up at him with a big smile.

"Avdol's alive! Iggy's apparently on life support, do you know who that is?"

"The stupid mutt?"

She giggles and looks away.

"Okay papa! I'll see you soon-"

She hangs up the phone and hugs Jotaro.

"We're going to go visit papa in New York!"

He nods and looks away, trying to escape the hug.

"Get off of me... please."

He winces at that last word as she lets go. He's been trying his best to be nicer to her since the whole incident.

"Okay! I made you lunch!"

Holly gestures to the table, which had some chopsticks, sashimi, and a glass of choccy milk. Jotaro walks over and sits down, beginning to eat almost immediately.

"Thanks."

"I'm gonna get back to gardening!"

He nods and continues to eat as she exits. She decided to grow some rose bushes, among other plants. Jotaro begrudgingly went to a gardening store with her. While they were there he seemingly took interest in kit that one would use to grow flowers in the shape of a dolphin. He glanced at it, Star going behind him and putting it in the basket. Holly softly giggled at this and continued shopping. When they got home Holly noticed it had started raining lightly and told Jotaro that they wouldn't be able to garden that day, which was fine by him.

After he finished his lunch, he put his dishes in the sink and walked into his room. He flings open his closet and grabs a pair of white slacks, along with a black turtleneck. He also grabs a towel and takes a hot shower.

He steps out of the bathroom, fully dressed. Holly walks up to him, taking his uniform and his towel, quickly putting them in the washing machine. He thinks nothing of it and goes out to their porch, sitting down. He pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and lights it, the smoke comforting to him.

//hhhhhh 919 words this took quite a while to write, sorry for a majority of it being filler.