The Sketchbook.

//As a mini celebration of hitting over 300 views, have a chapter early!

Everything else just felt like a blur to Jotaro. Him and Holly left the airport and were promptly driven to Joseph's house. They arrived there, said hello, and attempted to hold a conversation. Jotaro mentioned the trip and how okay it was, before absentmindedly walking around the house.

He came across a small library and looked through the various books, eventually coming across a book on dolphins. He grabbed it and went to the living room, starting to read. After an hour Polnareff arrived, interrupting Jotaro from his book.

"Bonjour everybody!" He let out a loud laugh.

Jotaro gave a casual wave and went back to reading his book. Polnareff walked over to him and headlocked him, ruffling his hair. Jotaro immediately pushed him away, smiling slightly. Polnareff laughed and leaned on the couch, releasing him from the headlock.

"Whatcha reading there?"

"A book. None of your business." Jotaro glanced at him and went back to reading.

"C'mon Joot! Just tell me!" Polnareff tried to snatch the book, but Jotaro smacked his hand away.

"Don't call me that. It's a book about dolphins. Are you happy now?" Jotaro rolled his eyes and looked away. Polnareff smiled widely and went to ruffle Jotaro's hair, only to have Star stop him.

"I'll call you whatever I want, you're only eighteen."

"Well I killed DIO. Don't fuck with me." Jotaro stood up with a small smile and set his book on the coffee table. Polnareff went to grab the book, but Jotaro promptly stopped time. He picked up the book and started walking to the dinner table, only to have time resume halfway through.

"Jotaro?" Polnareff looked around and saw that Jotaro froze mid-step. He chuckled and walked up to him.

"So you can stop time." Polnareff smirked.

Jotaro clenched his fist and ran a hand through his hair.

"Leave me alone."

"Okay, okay fine." Polnareff walked away and started talking to Joseph.

They had a nice dinner, Jotaro zoning out for most of it, and both him and Joseph sat on the couch. Jotaro was reading his book and was startled when Joseph set a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at him, clearly upset.

"What do you want Jiji. I'm trying to read." Jotaro growled.

"Jotaro, I have something for you."

"Oh yeah?" There was clear irritation in his voice.

Joseph stood up and walked over to a side table. He opened a drawer and pulled out a torn up, dusty sketchbook. There was faded writing on the cover "Kakyoin, Noriaki" was neatly written on the left corner. He walked back over to Jotaro and held it out to him. Jotaro took it delicately and held it.

"What is this." He looked up at Joseph.

"It was his." Joseph glanced at Holly, who looked away as soon as they made eye contact.

Jotaro held the sketchbook tightly and took deep breaths. He opened the cover, and closed it almost instantly.

"I remember one time he told me that it's incredibly rude to look through a sketchbook..." he laughed weakly, causing everyone in the room to look over curiously.

"Well, thanks anyway Jiji." Jotaro set down the sketchbook, clenching his fists tight enough to draw blood. There was a slight gold glow, which everyone seemed to notice. Holly cautiously walked up and rest a hand on his shoulder. Jotaro stood up almost instantly and grabbed the sketchbook.

"I'm going for a walk." Jotaro brushed her hand off.

"Do you need to talk? Bottling up your feelings will only make you feel worse." Holly tried to follow him as he got up to leave.

"Star Platinum, Za Warudo." Jotaro whispered under his breath.

Jotaro looked around, still not very used to everything freezing. He clutches the sketchbook and stepped out of the house, feeling time resume. He glanced behind him and broke into a full on sprint. He opened the front door and slammed it behind himself, before continuing to run. He forgot he didn't know the area super well and inevitably got lost. He wandered around before coming across a park. He walked through and sat down on a bench.

Taking a few deep breaths, he opened the sketchbook. He was greeted with a few pictures of landscapes, cherry trees, self portraits along with pictures of Hierophant. As he flipped through the dirty pages, he noticed a few drawings of... himself. There were pictures of the other crusaders, but there were the most drawings of him by far. Jotaro stared at them, captivated by the details. He continued looking at the various drawings for what seemed like hours. He lifted the sketchbook up slightly and a small letter fluttered out, landing on the ground in front of the bench. He picked it up and carefully opened the envelope. A small note written in neat print was inside.

'Dear Crusaders!

As I write this I'm in the hospital due to the whole eye thing. The employees here are super nice, they give me cherries and stuff! They also said I might need to stay a bit longer than expected for reasons I'll explain later. So I'm sorry if something big happens while I'm gone. I hope you all are doing well, this is going to sound silly but I kinda miss you guys! Anyway, I'll see you guys soon!

                    Sincerely, Kakyoin Noriaki'

Jotaro winced as he felt himself tear up. He carefully put the letter back into the sketchbook, closing it. He leaned back and put his hands on his face. 'Why did he have to die? He didn't deserve it. If I had gotten there in time I could've protected him. I never even got to-'

"Jotaro."

He took his hands off of his face and looked at who arrived. Joseph wordlessly sat next to him, also leaning back a bit.

"Have I ever told you about Caesar?"

//ohh boy a cliffhanger! Thanks for reading, I'll update soon! We got 1000 words here-

Anyway, thank you dear readers! I actually really appreciate you guys!