The Patient.

"What."

"Uh, can-can I help you?" The boy's smile faltered slightly.

"The fuck." Jotaro stared at him, feeling his eyes well up with tears.

"Are you okay?" Kakyoin summoned Hierophant, who stood next to him, eyeing Jotaro warily.

Jotaro ran over to him, dropping the crutches. After realizing he couldn't walk in a splint and almost falling, he picked them up shakily. He walked the rest of the way to Kakyoin, and enveloped him in a hug, finally letting the tears fall.

"I missed you so much." Jotaro clutched him tightly. Kakyoin tried to wiggle free, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Could you maybe let me go?" Kakyoin tried to push Jotaro away.

"Just a few more minutes, Nori." Jotaro smiled as hugged him slightly tighter.

"What? Wait, how do you- how do you know my name?" Kakyoin began to panic, doing his best to break free. Jotaro hesitantly let him go, mildly hurt that Kakyoin rejected the hug.

"What do you mean? We've known eachother for quite a while." Jotaro muttered, taking a cautious step back.

"I- Look, I don't recognize you, and it's really stressing me out and-" Kakyoin cut himself off as he tried to steady his breathing. After a minute, he remembered Jotaro was there and glanced at him, taking the hat off and setting it on the table beside himself. Jotaro raised a suspicious eyebrow and glanced around, eyes settling on a clock. 8pm. He was supposed to be back by now. But this is much more important.

"So you don't remember Egypt, or the whole trip, or anything?" Jotaro unintentionally glared at Kakyoin.

"No..?" Kakyoin looked away, shifting in the hospital bed. He winced and lowered his hand to his stomach. Jotaro stepped up to him, but got waved off by Kakyoin. Jotaro didn't move, but kept his hands away.

A nurse walked into the room, holding a small tray with a glass of water and a small cup of medicine. "Kakyoin-San, it's time for you to take your daily medication." She glanced at Jotaro and gave him a "What are you doing here" look.

"Oh, uh, okay." Kakyoin faked a smile and moved his hands away from his stomach. Jotaro looked at him with a slight smile on his face. Kakyoin felt his face get hot as he took the tray from the nurse. He looked away from Jotaro and fiddled with his hair noodle.

"Well, uh, I'll get out of your hair then. I'll visit again tomorrow I guess..?" Jotaro mumbled as he began to leave.

"Okay! It's kinda strange, knowing I have a friend. Well, and that I apparently have memory loss." Kakyoin chuckled nervously as he gave Jotaro a small wave.

☆☆☆

Jotaro sighed as he walked back to his room. He was doing his best to be quick and keep a straight face, but he couldn't contain his happiness. Star Platinum came out and let out a few happy and excited "Ora's", which Jotaro did his best to ignore. Eventually he got back to his room, after wandering around for a while, and sat on the bed. He was startled by the nurse tapping his shoulder, and looked over at her.

"You're thirty minutes late. Where were you?" She glared at him.

"I don't need to tell you that." Jotaro glared back.

"Actually, you do. Or you could just be stuck in your room until you get out of here." She crossed her arms.

"Fine. I found a friend." Jotaro sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Kakyoin Noriaki, I presume?"

"Yeah, actually." Jotaro glanced at her, mildly confused.

"Be careful with that one. He seems to have pretty bad amnesia. Probably has to do with PTSD. Anyway, I have work to do. I'll check on you in around an hour." She shrugged and left the room, the door closing with a soft click.

Jotaro laid on the bed and thought about what happened. "Did Kakyoin really not remember me? Damn it, I should've saved him. I could've saved him. Why didn't I find out about him earlier?"

Jotaro eventually drifted off to sleep after calming down. He was worried for Kakyoin, and hoped that he'll be okay on his own.

//boom! Random chapter because holy crap 1k reads (thank you guys so much! :)) and because I wanted to write-

720 words