23 • Please, Don't stay away

"I can't bear your ignorance towards me,"

**********

.
.
.

K "Naira? Chale?" He called her before leaving the hut. It was an amazing experience for them though. But they had to leave.

K "Gharwale pareshan horahe honge humare liye."

N "Haan, Kartik. I don't even know what to answer them."

K "It's okay. I will talk to them. But mera phone bhi switch off hai. Naira, where is your phone?"

N "Mera phone bhi off hai." He sighed.

K "Okay, let's get out of here somehow." She nodded, silently.

Somewhere Naira seemed lost. She has few questions in her head but she wouldn't ask. At least, not that time.

___

Kartik rang the bell of his home to be greeted by his brother, Shubham. Shubham did not took a second and called everyone in the hall.

"Hogaya aaplogo ka night out?" Shubham asked, teasing them. While Kaira stood confused.

K "Night out?" He asked, where Naira had the same question.

"Why did you guys switch off the phones? Agar plan kiya tha toh hume bata dete yaha sablog kitne pareshan horhe the. Thank God, Gaurav informed us you were staying there for the night." Shubham said in one go. Kartik understood the whole sum-up situation.

K "Actually humara phone dead hogaya tha. I am sorry aaplogo ko pareshani hui."

"koi baat nahi..jao jake fresh hojao dono." Dadi said smiling.

While Naira was heading towards another room, he held her wrist.

K "Naira, where are you going? I mean that's not our room."

N "Kartik, please!" She answered, sighing.

Kartik let her go thinking she must be tired also the headache made it worst. They went to their respective rooms to get changed.

Almost an hour passed when Naira came out of her room wearing her normal attire, looking extremely beautiful as always. There she saw him standing at the door, waiting for her.

K "Hi." He greeted her with a sweet smile.

K "Actually we are called to have lunch with family. So let's go."

N "Kartik, I'm just coming. Tum jao." She said, going back to her room after closing the door. Strange, her behavior was. Kartik shook his head and went downstairs.

___

Kartik joined everyone in the dinning room. While his eyes were desperately waiting for her to come.

"Bhabhi ajayegi Bhai." Mansi giggled teasing him, others laughed at him.

K "Wow, aaj kachori bani hai kya!" He exclaimed in happiness, seeing the plate full of his favorite, kachori. He couldn't control, taking a bite he sensed something.

K "Yeh toh Naira ne banayi hai." He said, being a little bit emotional as it had been ages she made something for him. Today she did, that too his favorite snack.

"Woah, bro! You remember the taste still." Shubham asked surprised.

K "Of course I do," He replied, smiling. Right when, Naira came out of the kitchen, looking everywhere not him.