Five: Sesshomaru's Familiar

= Yoru's Pov =

"Kagome-chan, how did you pull out that katana?" I ask and ran towards her. 

"I- I have no idea" Kagome says while wondering herself. 

Just then, Sesshomaru appeared in front of us and my eyes widen. How did he get here so fast?

"Sesshomaru! They have nothing to do with you! Kagome, give Sesshomaru the sword!" Inuyasha yells. 

"Baka! This is what your father left you and Sesshomaru can't even touch it!" Kagome yells while clutching it tightly. 

"Kagome-chan"

"Yoru-san"

"Yo... Ru?" 

My eyes widen when I heard Sesshomaru calling out my name. I turn to him but it was only for a second before he attacked us with his poison. 

The area behind us melted and covered us. I could barely see anything since it's dark but I could see Kagome still breathing much to my relief. 

"You alright Kagome-chan? Can you hear me?" I questioned while shaking her. 

Kagome opened her eyes and immediately sprung out of the melted acid.

"Gahh! I thought I was going die!" Kagome exclaims.

"Hmm, the Tetsusaiga protected the two of you" says Sesshomaru. 

I turn to Sesshomaru while still trying to think why is he so familiar to me. Kagome then hands the Tetsusaiga to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru said something about testing Inuyasha and he transformed.

My eyes widen. Why have I seen this before? But the pieces are blurry... When I came to my sense, I felt poison miasma in the air but... I felt nothing. Seems like Kagome had escape to the top.

"Baka, Yoru run! It's poison miasma!" Inuyasha yells. 

"Poison... I don't feel anything..." I mumbled.

Sesshomaru's inu yokai form suddenly turn to me and my eyes widen.

'How are you not affected by this much poison?' My eyes widen. Am I... Hearing his thoughts or something?

'How should I know? Sesshomaru... Why is it that I feel like I know you?' I asked.

In another space, I could see me and Sesshomaru's humanoid form, much to my surprise. Unknowingly, I put my palm in front of me and Sesshomaru did the same and a bright light engulfed us...

"Yoru listen, in the near future, there's a chance that you'll meet your familiar" My mother, Shiromiya Miya says to the 8 year old me. 

That's right. I remembered something about this. Mum had told me but eventually I had forgotten. How in the world did she predict the future. 

"Mama, what is a familiar?" 8 years old me had asked. 

"You will know in the future Yoru. You will meet an inu yokai and you and him are each other's familiar" My mum had said.

That night, I had a weird dream. I dream that I met a tall man with long silver hair who had markings on his face. I now realized that I had foreseen Sesshomaru is my familiar which explained which I was not affected by his poison.

The light disappears and we were back in Sesshomaru and Inuyasha's father's grave. I look up to see Sesshomaru still in his inu yokai beast form.

"Yoru!" I was taken aback when Inuyasha called and he somehow manage to get me to where Kagome is. 

"Yoru-san! I was so worried!" Kagome cried and I stared at her with a sad smile.