Twenty Four: Last of the Panther Demons

= Yoru's Pov =

"G-Gahh, why can't they join forces at a time like this?" Jaken asks.

I was about to say something when the panther demons started combining their powers together. However, my eyes widen when the skeleton suddenly killed its allies.

I stood there while shaking with fear. Damn it, move Yoru... But I can't. The skeleton then started to take form of a brown coloured panther demon.

"You there, the two sons of the Inu no Taisho... Your turn is next" It says.

I tried to stop myself from shaking with fear and without realizing, Sesshomaru has landed an attack with his Tokijin. Inuyasha follows up with Kaze no Kizu but it didn't had any effect.

The panther master started to attack and lightning streaks appeared out of his claws and I screamed when one was about to hit me. I shut my eyes tight, awaiting the impact.

I opened my eyes when I see Sesshomaru holding me with his only arm. I tried my best not to cry. I didn't want to look weak but... I can't help it.

"Stay here with Jaken" Sesshomaru says and he proceeds to fight.

My legs gave out on me as I collapsed to the floor. I glance down at my hands and cursed myself for being weak despite having Sesshomaru's powers transferred to me.

My eyes widen when Sesshomaru got pushed back by the demon.

"Sesshomaru!" I cried.

"Don't come closer" He says sternly.

"Sesshomaru..."

I see Sesshomaru's eyes turning red. He was about to transform into his yokai form when he stopped and mumbled Tenseiga's name.

Is Tenseiga stopping him from transforming? But why? Soon, Sesshomaru draws out Tenseiga and jumps across the panther master. But... Nothing is happening!

"What's that sword? It won't work kid! Its blade is too dull. Now die!" 

"SESSHOMARUUUUU!!!!!"

Just before the panther master could do anything, the souls that he had absorbed are starting to escape from him.

I get it! By using Tenseiga, it revives one's soul back and thus, if the souls are out of his body, he will die! That's why Sesshomaru decided use Tenseiga!

Sesshomaru leaves while telling Inuyasha that it's up to him and Tetsusaiga now. I cried tears of joy to see Sesshomaru safe.

"Sesshomaru... I'm glad you are... Safe" 

My vision started to get blurry and the next thing I'd knew, I fell unconscious in the arm of Sesshomaru.

I woke up to find myself riding on top of A-Un and Rin was with me.

"R-Rin!"

"Ah! Yoru-sama! You're awake!" Rin exclaims while hugging me.

"Rin..." I glance around to see that it's already morning and we're still travelling.

"Here's your breakfast! Sesshomaru-sama says you should eat to get your strength back" says Rin as she hands me two fishes and three mushrooms.

"Sesshomaru said so?" I ask and she nodded. 

I smiled and take the food from her and started eating while looking at Sesshomaru's back with a smile. Even after travelling with him for a long while, I'd still say Sesshomaru is like a tsundere and also has a compassionate heart deep down.

"Arigatou, Sesshomaru" I mumbled and ate my breakfast with a smile on my face.