Six: We Will Meet Again

= Yoru's Pov =

As Sesshomaru and Inuyasha continue to fight, I turn to Kagome and started to think about my decision. 'I might have to follow Sesshomaru and leave you with Inuyasha Kagome-chan' I said in my head. 

"Yoru-san?" Kagome's voice brought me back to reality. 

"Kagome-chan"

"What's wrong?" Kagome ask. 

"Kagome-chan, listen to me. Take care of yourself and make sure that Inuyasha protects you and don't let you get hurt" I said. 

"Is something a matter Yoru-san? You've been awfully protective of me" says Kagome and I gave her a sad look. 

"Kagome-chan... Guess I could explain my actions. It happened when you were 7. I was at your neighbourhood for the summer vacation. I took you out to play and we went into the city.

At the traffic junction however, you were hit by a car and you fell into a coma for 5 months and 10 days. When you woke up you don't remember anything. I promised myself and your mum that I'd protect you to avoid that incident.

But now, Sesshomaru is my familiar and I think I have to go with him. But I'm sure we would meet again as long as we are in this era and also going back too our era" I said. 

"Yoru-san..."

"Just make sure Inuyasha protects you well or he'll get it from me" I said sternly and Kagome chuckles. 

Just then, Inuyasha came crashing at us and just when Kagome thinks it became hopeless, Inuyasha yells that he would protect her and Tetsusaiga started to transform. 

My eyes widen as Inuyasha slashed off Sesshomaru's arm. Is Tetsusaiga that powerful? Is that why... Sesshomaru wants it?

As I see Sesshomaru retreat, I immediately followed after him and I yelled to Inuyasha to protect my cousin and Sesshomaru and I disappeared.

*** 

After Sesshomaru and I had left the graveyard, Sesshomaru's arm was gone and I suddenly felt bad that Inuyasha had cut it off.

"What are you looking at?" He ask.

"It's just that... You look an arm" I mumbled while grabbing onto his empty sleeve.

"Doesn't matter. I'll find a new demon arm" says Sesshomaru. 

"Sesshomaru, I noticed that you have a sword by your side so why do you still want Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga?" I ask and he scoffed.

"This sword is practically useless. We should get moving" Sesshomaru says before standing.

Wait a minute, what does he mean by useless? And... Does he even know my name since I'm his familiar and all? Geez, this is so awkward... How is he my familiar anyway? I still don't get it. Sigh, I hope Kagome is safe...

"Yoru, stop dozing around" Sesshomaru calls.

My eyes widen and turn to him. He called my name...

"Hai, sorry" I said and go to his side. 

"S-Sesshomaru-sama!!" A voice yelled and I notice the green toad following us. 

Oh right, I almost forgot that he is also with Sesshomaru. 

"You! Aren't you with Inuyasha? What're you doing here?" He ask. 

"Not gonna answer you toad" I simply said. 

"T-Toad?! I'm a demon imp you-"

"Silence. Jaken, be nice to her. She's my familiar so quit talking and get moving" says Sesshomaru.

"E-Ehh?!"

As Sesshomaru, Jaken and I start moving on our journey, I look up into the sky, in hopes that Kagome is safe with Inuyasha and also hoping that I'll meet them again.