Ep 4: Young Days

Disclaimer

All the scenes and happenings in this book is fully fictional and didn't happened in real life.

(。・ω・。)ノ♡

"Crazy bastard!", Soobin grabbed Yeonjun's collar. His face turned red, full of anger, the veins on his neck started showing. "If it wasn't because of your tennis ball, this won't happened!". Yeonjun shook his head, trembling and try to get off from Soobin. "N-No! It's not! It's not my fault!".

"Just if you were nicer to her!". Yeonjun stop moving. "If you just take her with you instead of leaving her alone because of your fucking ego!".

"She won't suffer...", Soobin let go of his collar. "When will you stop making trouble, Choi Yeonjun?". Soobin wipe his tears harshly, bumped Yeonjun's shoulder and walk away, leaving Yeonjun.

"I-It's my fault....? I left her.... ", Yeonjun started question himself. He run away from the emergency department, to the outside of the hospital. His eyes got teary. ".....again?"

Flashback

It was during the first grade. The girl in front of him turns towards him. "What's your name?".

"Choi Yeonjun", the blue-haired boy answered while looking at her. The girl with pigtails, and cat eye. 'She's kinda cute'. She give him her hands. "Hwang Yeji, nice to meet you". Yeonjun was hesitate but seeing her waiting for him to accept her hand, he shook it and smile.

They become friends, but Yeonjun barely talk to Ryujin and Beomgyu. He'll hang out with Yeji only if she's alone. He decided not to fall in love with her, because he's afraid that he might hurt her. But he know he can't resist her. Everyday, the feelings for Yeji just grew even more. Once, Yeonjun even plan on making Yeji and Beomgyu Ryujin, separate. He just want Yeji for himself.

But he knows, Yeji is too nice, plus, Beomgyu and Ryujin were her childhood friends. It's impossible to separate them.

One day, Yeji visited him at his workplace, where he do his part time job. She waited for him to finish so they can go home together. Since he was taking it long, Yeji told Yeonjun that she'll go to the convenient store for a while, to buy some snacks.

Few minutes after she left, Yeonjun totally forgot about her and walk back home. When he got home, he messaged her. Yeji's phone in the living room ring.

yeonjunie
what are you doing~~ 11:34 p.m

Minhyun grab Yeji's phone and start calling Yeonjun. Yeonjun answered it, smiling. "Oh, Yeji sshi. Why won't you reply my message?".

Instead of Yeji, Minhyun's voice was heard. "Yeji's not home". Yeonjun's eyebrows crossed. "What? Where's she? ".

"She said earlier she went to your place. I'm the one who should I ask you, Where's she?".

"Fuck!", Yeonjun ends the call, grab his coat and run. He run as fast as he could to his workplace. Where Yeji might be. He stopped from afar, noticing Yeji infront of the convenient store. There're 3 men around her, possibly drunk, touching her face, her neck, her hair and her thigh. One of then try grabbing her wrist but Yeji refused that make the man furious and start grabbing her wrist harshly.

Without hesitant, Yeonjun run towards them and fly his fist to every dirty faces. The men run away after being punched by him. Yeonjun looked at Yeji, panting.

Yeji was shaking hard and crying. A bag of plastic full of snacks still in her hand. Yeonjun grabbed the plastic, put it down, and hug her. Yeji hug him back, tightly. He can feel her body trembling so he rub her back and pat it softly. "I'm here. It's okay".

He sent her home and the next day, Minhyun visits him at his workplace. Told him to stay away from Yeji after the trouble he caused. "No I can't! I don't have anyone else!". Minhyun gave him a fierce look. "You do love her right?". Yeonjun went speechless. "So stop being a trouble to her and stop hurting her!".

"I can't leave her.... ", Yeonjun looked down. He can't stay away from Yeji. Aside from his drunk father and mean stepmother, he only have Yeji in his life. Minhyun walked away, leaving Yeonjun in his thoughts.

In class, Yeonjun keep on thinking all the trouble he caused. He once cause Yeji almost drown because he was teasing her, not knowing that she can't swim. He also accidentally destroyed her painting a day before her competition. He's such a troublemaker. But Yeji never mind, Yeonjun always made her day and protect her.

When Yeji about to greet him, he wears his earbuds and close his eyes, try to ignore her. Since then, Yeonjun never hang out with Yeji again. He try his best not to be with her. Yeji on the hand, struggles to talk to him. She know that he try to avoid her, but she won't leave him alone.

Yeonjun changed his seat too so he won't talk to her again. After all, he'll just hurt her if he keep on be with her. Yeji also stop but never give up, she'll greet him whenever she has a chance, but Yeonjun never greet her back, nor talk to her.

That's how they became strangers. Yeonjun also delete his feelings for Yeji. He just want her to be happy without him. That time was the most hurtful for both of them. Little did he know, all of this time, Yeji developed a tiny crush on him. And yes, Ryujin and Beomgyu know about it, even Minhyun. It's so obvious that sometimes, Yeji would choose to hang out with Yeonjun instead of them

Beomgyu and Ryujin never really care about it. They respect her feelings, not until Minhyun told them to keep her away from Yeonjun.

---

The thoughts were cut off when Yeonjun saw Beomgyu and Ryujin. Before they could ask, Yeonjun tells them. "She's inside". Beomgyu run straight away inside the emergency department. Ryujin was about to follow him but she stopped and looked at Yeonjun.

"You should really stay away from her".

Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→