Ep 31: Fear

Disclaimer

All the scenes and happenings in this book is fully fictional and didn't happened in real life.

(。・ω・。)ノ♡

♪ ♬ I’m jealous of the one who has your smile
I see how happy you are so game’s over ♬ ♪

Taehyun grabbed his football shoes from the locker. Today, it'll be their last practice before the coach pick students for a fixed team to represent their school. Since he doesn't have anything better to do, he want to make sure that can make it to the team.

He was walking out from the building when someone tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Yiren. "Fighting!", she said to him. Taehyun just nodded and continue walking but he stopped when Chaeryung walked towards him. She looked startled when she saw him.

He scanned her from head to toe. Her hair wasn't in ponytail like it usually be. There's an obvious dark circle around her eyes, her skin and lips look so pale. And the sweet smile of her disappeared.

Chaeryung avoided his gazes after realizing that the boy was looking at her. It breaks his heart seeing her like this, even without knowing what cause it. After all, she was once the girl he loved the most.

Chaeryung fidgeting before opened her mouth. "Break a leg". She speed up her steps and walked passed Taehyun. He was hoping for her to smile at him, so it can ease him a little bit. But the girl seems rather distracted when she saw Yiren behind him.

Kai put his arm around Taehyun's neck, noticing that they boy stood there like a mannequin. "What are you doing? Let's go!". Taehyun blinked his eyes and nodded. Although Chaeryung's condition bothers him, he's glad that he could see her before the match.

Taehyun took a sip of water after warming up. He looked up after he saw a shadow in front of him. "There's only 2 situation that can happen here. One, you won't be accepted in the fixed team. And two, you won't be accepted in the fixed team", said the red headed boy, Seungmin.

Taehyun closed the lid and put the water bottle aside. He stood up before bumping to his shoulder. "I'll pick the third option then". He ignored him and walked towards Huening Kai.

_____

Soobin walked into the library and looked around. Lia was seen at the corner of the library, reading some books. He smiled and neared her. "What did the library have that you love sitting here 24/7?", he pulled a chair in front of her and sat down.

Lia looked up from her book and chuckled. "Peaceful". Soobin just nodded and started reading.

"How's your wound?", he asked about her cheek without looking at her. Lia touched her cheek before shrugging. "Better I guess". Soobin looked at her and saw that the wound is healed though it left a scar on her fair skin.

Lia closed the book and stood up. "I'll go put the books back again".

As she was arranging the books, she could feel someone's  presences beside her. She tilted her head and shocked that Olivia was there. She looked scary even though she's smirking.

"Two lovebirds dating in a library. Losers", Olivia walked towards her, making Lia trapped into the corner of the shelf. "There's nothing between us", Lia said to her.

"Never said it was you".

Olivia crossed her arms and glared at Lia. She noticed that the girl's eyes were looking around, as if she's scared. "Ever since you're with the boy, you're as soft as a cotton candy. Did I see you fell in love?".

Lia clenched her fist. "Even if it's true, there's nothing wrong with falling in love". Olivia find it funny and laugh but still slow enough that no one can hear them. "Yeah it is. But not until you become weak for it". Her facial expression turn into serious as she said that. "I'm not like you, Olivia".

"Lia?".

Olivia turned her body and saw Soobin was looking at them. Lia fake smile before tapping Olivia's shoulder. "I'll go first, talk to you later". She walked passed by her, grabbed Soobin's hand and dragged him away.

Olivia watched them from behind and smirked. "So he is her weakest point".

_____

"What's wrong with her? Was something happened to you?", Soobin looked through her while stroking her hair. Lia giggled, these days, Soobin is quite affectionate and sweet. She thought he hate her so it's quite a surprise. "No, nothing happened. Don't worry".

Soobin let out a sigh of relieve. He himself don't really know why he's so care about Lia. Especially when she's around Olivia.

Maybe... It's a progress? Is he really fell in love with her?

_____

Ryujin walked out from the teacher's office with a pile of book on her hands. She looked unstable but still manage to handle it.

Beomgyu saw her struggling when he's out from the boy's toilet. He really wanted to help her but he doesn't know if he really should do that so he follow her from behind.

A few steps from the class, Ryujin suddenly lost her balance and fell while dropping the whole books. Beomgyu stepped in front to help her but he stopped when he saw Hyojin running towards her from the end of the hallway.

Hyojin picked up those books and helped her stood up. "You okay? Did you hurt yourself?". Ryujin could feel stings in her knee since she fell quite hard but quickly cut it off. "No I'm fine".

"You sure?", Hyojin asked worriedly. Ryujin shook her head and smile. "No! Really. I'm fine". Hyojin messed her hair.

Beomgyu find the situation sweet yet uncomfortable for him so he walked passed them into the class. Ryujin saw him and bit her lips. Hyojin helped her bringing the books to the class. A loud cheer could be heard from the students while some glare from the girls.

Beomgyu walked to his seat and quickly looked outside, avoiding the scene in front of him.

"Ooooh.... The school sweetest couple is here?", Mrs. Im teased them while Ryujin blushed. Literally everyone in school now knows about them. Hyojin bowed before excusing himself.

Ryujin walked to her seat but she stole a glance at Beomgyu who isn't even looking at her. She keep questioning herself. If he really likes her that much, why isn't he confessed earlier? Maybe he could still have a chance back then.

Little did she know that just like her, he's afraid of hurting her.

Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→

Did Olivia up to something? 👀
What did Lia hide from Soobin?