25 • Letting You Go

"Nobody makes sense except you"

The next day Naira woke up early as she had to leave for her house. There was no use of staying over at his place as there was no reason left.

Naira greeted everyone who were presented in the hall. And she was all ready to proceed towards her home back. But HE was not there. A part of her wanted to see him once before leaving. No matter she denies the fact that she doesn't care but she cares the most.

Then she sighed thinking he would not come. Last night, they literally got into a major argument. After that, he was nowhere to be seen. 

"But he could have came to say a 'bye' at least?" Her heart wished, but it was no use of expecting him to come.

Suwarna noticed her eyes searching for Kartik. She took her in a corner. Naira really needed to get explained by someone.

"Naira, I know tum usse bohot naraz ho. Usse dur jana chahti ho. Meri koi bhi explanation tumhe samajh nahi ayegi. Nahi tum samajhna chahti ho. But you do love him, right?" Suwarna asked softly,

Naira looked up to her between her tears. She answered nothing and blinked to prevent her tears.

"It's okay, I understand. Tum kudh bhi janti ho ki tum usse kitna pyaar karte ho aur woh tumse kitna pyaar karta hai. Usne jo bhi kiya baas apne pyaar ke liye kiya. Tumne hume maaf kardiya toh usse kyu nahi? Woh bhi toh maafi deserve karta haina?" Suwarna pushed her thoughts a little so that she realized but her past taunted her at the next moment.

**

"He doesn't love you anymore. Tumne dekhliya nah kaise usne tumhe chale jane ko kaha."

**

Suwarna tapped on her shoulder, shaking her lightly.

"Kya hua beta, You okay?"

N "Kuch nahi. Maa, woh main apni charger bhool gayi. I will be right back." She made up an excuse to meet him one last time to which Suwarna smiled.

___

Her denial never worked as she kept coming closer to him more everytime she tried.

Naira walked into his room, taking a deep breathe. Then the sight she witnessed made her feel guilty. Kartik was sleeping uncomfortably in the bed. She could clearly see the tear marks which were visible on his face. A lone tear escaped her eye seeing her love in this miserable condition.

N "Kartik," She whispered, lovingly and kept her palm on his face. He didn't respond, right after that she pulled the duvet over his body and started to leave.

N "Pills?" She gasped at the table, which was totally messed up, with the medicine box opened. She recognized the pills instantly.

N "Oh God, Kartik! Is the guy mad!"

Keeping everything aside, Naira started to shook him. Praying for his safety.

"He would be fine Naira." Her heart assured.

N "Kartik, Kartik, Get up Kartik! Kartik uth kyu nahi raha." She panicked seeing no movement from his side.

N "Kartik," With that her eyes could not prevent those unstoppable tears anymore. Keeping her head on his chest, she cried.

N "Aise pareshan mat karo na, Mendak. Dekho aab agar nahi uthe na toh main jaa rahi hoon." Still he remained calm. The matter seemed serious so she decided to call everyone.

N "I need to call everyone. Shubh.." She got cut off in the middle feeling a pull on her wrist. The next moment, she was in the bed over him.

K "Good morning Jaan," He sighed with his beautiful smile, caressing her face.