── SOC GIRL

Friday, December 17, 1965

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

   IT WAS THE last day before Christmas Break and I couldn't be any happier. I didn't have to deal with Marcia or Cherry anymore or my forced boyfriend Randy. Don't get me wrong I cared a lot for Cherry but I couldn't say it wasn't aggravating having to put a good girl image and having to date someone you didn't even dig at all. Randy was rude and never gives a damn about anyone but himself. So having a break from him and all the other people were exciting and I couldn't wait for school to just simply end today.

"G-Get ready for school Rose and Hazel. " I rolled my eyes as I heard my alcoholic father shout for us to get ready. After my mom died in a car accident just last year my father began drinking. Although our relationship has always been far from perfect his drinking caused it to become worse. He was now abusive and my sister 15-year-old sister Hazel and I were used to coming home to see him reeking of booze.

I reckon I should give a small portrayal of myself. My name is Rose Anderson and I'm currently 16 years old nearly 17 in March. I live in the West Side of Tulsa Oklahoma that makes me a soc which was described as a rich privileged girl. To everyone, I had everything I had the looks which consisted of my blonde hair, green eyes, and a fairly short figure standing at 5'3. I also had the house and to everyone, I had the best boyfriend which was not even near to being true in fact nothing was good about him he was not even close to being slightly attractive I've surely seen better around here. I also had a sister her name is Hazel and she's 15 almost 16 in January, we are exceptionally close in age which obviously caused some conflict but most of the times we got along perfectly and she was the only person I truly loved and cared for in my life. She was shy and was not into the entire popularity she enjoyed drawing and painting and reading stories.

This whole description of what people thought was what an ideal life was this, however, was completely false. My life was not perfect and I don't think it ever will be. My father was a drunk who goes through his days chugging on booze until he fell into a deep sleep on the sofa, my mother who was an incredible woman was killed in a car accident, and worst of all we were compelled to fake our smiles and hide our tears under our both comparable eyes. We spent our night hearing our father hollering painful words even though we knew he was drunk I always knew he meant every single word he yelled out.

My life hadn't been so awful until I moved away almost 6 years ago from the East Side of Tulsa. Yes, I was born and essentially raised on the East Side. I was comfortable there with my family and my friends. My parents never fully understood why I couldn't make friends when I was younger but one day I had which I guess they weren't expecting at all but as long as I was happy they were happy too. Who were these friends I had met when I was just a small girl? They were a group of greasers which socs hated and vise versa so I guess that's unusual for me now that I am one. First, there was Darry he was the oldest brother of the Curtis brothers he was protective and was like a big brother to me.

Then there was Sodapop who had been one of my closest friends he had piercing blue eyes and was without a doubt handsome which attracted many girls even socs. Then the youngest of the Curtis brothers was Ponyboy who was an amazingly gifted boy. In the gang, it also included Two-Bit who had been overprotective of me and would knock someone's teeth out if they ever laid a hand on me, Steve who had once had a very noticeable crush on me was foolish and very irritable. Johnny who had the softest heart was secretly one of my favorites. And at last of the gang, there was Dallas Winston otherwise called Dally. He spent his days lifting from gas stations and occasionally in and out of the cooler I once had a crush on him since of course, he was so attractive but yet I knew nothing would occur between us. Once I left at 11 years old after my dad found a great paying job I couldn't help but wonder about them I was crushed hearing I had to leave my home and every day I always thought of them.

They had probably forgotten about me I told myself but no matter what I did I could never forget them. They were my first true friends. In the wake of moving, we tried to remain to talk but it simply didn't work, and eventually, I grew apart from the gang and changed into a soc. A thing I had told myself I would never do, they would probably laugh seeing me dressed in these expensive outfits instead of my once casual shirt and denim jeans with a leather jacket to top it. Now I was different but inside I hadn't changed the slightest bit and I don't think I ever will. But nobody knew of my past in the East Side and I wanted it to continue just like that.