──THE BIRTH

(I have no idea how labor works I'm only in high school and never gave birth lol so please bear with me if I'm wrong.)

Monday, October 16, 1966 (9 months into her pregnancy)

ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I CAN'T BELIEVE this is happening." I whispered in pain. My aunt was driving me to the hospital while Hazel and Dal sat next to me. I was anxious yet extremely excited. After nine months the day, I was looking forward to was finally here.

"I'm so sorry Rose for what I said earlier I promise I will always be there for you no matter what your choices will be." Hazel lightly smiled holding my hand. Although it wasn't such a reasonable moment to be making up with my sister, I appreciated it so much.

"It's okay." I weakly smiled squeezing her hand. I glanced over at Dal whose knees were bouncing up and down. I could see he was nervous which for some reason was sweet. It seemed like he truly did care about me and the twins.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Dal who looked at me like I had said something crazy.

"Yeah." Was his only response and although short it made me happy. Dal was actually showing his feelings for once? I had to be dreaming, but I wasn't and that was the best part of this.

"We're almost there Rose. Savvy?" Mary exclaimed looking back at me with a large grin on her face. I nodded my head swallowing the gulp in my throat clenching tightly to my stomach. The pain was nothing I've ever experienced and made me realize that women were really strong to go through this.

After a few more minutes of extreme pain and my aunt's road rage we eventually made it to the hospital. It was a familiar place and last time I was here I was grieving over my father's death and now I was giving birth to twins. It was insane how things can change in just a matter of months.

"Let me help you." Dal said helping me out of the car and gently holding my hand as we made our way inside the large hospital building. Inside my aunt checked in despite me growing impatient every passing second. I knew getting irritated was part of the labor process but I didn't realize it would be this bad.

"Okay here's your room. We're going to monitor you to see how dilated you are." The nurse explained helping me lay on the uncomfortable hospital bed. I nodded my head and looked around the room seeing my aunt making some phone calls, Mary drinking a cup of water, Hazel staring out the window and Dally sitting down his foot tapping against the hard tile floor.

"Dally can you come here?" I whispered seeing him immediately jump up from the chair to rush over to me. The others moved away to give us some privacy and for a minute it was quiet but it was a nice quiet and felt completely right.