── LOVE

Monday, August 22, 1966 (7 months into her pregnancy)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   WEEKS WENT ON, and it has been a complete mess. Dal has been coming around my house along with the rest of the gang but it was humiliating knowing that he possibly read that diary entry. If I hadn't been so stupid. I don't love Dallas Winston who am I kidding? It was hormones I mean clearly it was since I was seven months meaning soon I would be having  twins in my house. It scared me not knowing whether or not Dal would help. I told myself once he saw his twins he would have a change in the heart but I wasn't too convinced.

Today everyone went out to the drive-in except for me and Mary. The gang tried to persuade me to go, but Mary explained to them that I needed to rest since the twins were almost here. Also because of the small baby shower, they were hosting for me in the next few weeks. So tonight I was preparing invitations and other necessities for the shower with Mary.

"So about the diary. I heard something." Mary said out of nowhere as we had been making invitations for the last hour. I sighed setting down my pen knowing this wouldn't be great information.

"What did he say? I already know Johnny or Dal saw it so might as well brace myself." I placed my hand on my stomach not excited to hear what she needed to say. I was embarrassed about what I had written. The typical teenage girl in me got out in that entry believing I was in love with the bad boy. It was a silly entry, and I wished to rip it out and never see it again.

"Well, Dal did see it, but he just seemed more startled I guess. That's what Johnny said so I could be wrong but maybe he feels the same back. It's not a reach if you tell me. You're carrying his twins." She explained holding on to my hand. The thought of Dallas Winston ever loving a broad was crazy, but him loving me was a whole other level of nuts.

"That doesn't mean anything, Mary. Anybody can have a kid with someone without truly loving them. That New Years night was a night filled with booze and we were drunk outta' our minds so there's nothing there. The entry was hormones, and I don't know how many times I have to explain this." She only shook her head hearing my somewhat small rant. It frustrated me that nobody believed me but inside I knew I didn't even believe what I had told her. It just couldn't be hormones.

"Whatever you say but Dal is human Rose. Remember that he has feelings as well as it's only it's harder for him to show it and express them so you can't tell me that your relationship is nothing." The room went silent as I thought about her explanation. It did make sense, but I would never say I loved Dal to his face that would be disastrous knowing that his reaction would be nothing I would like. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the telephone ringing in the kitchen.