── ACCUSATIONS

Tuesday, March 1, 1966 (Eight weeks pregnant)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   THE DAY AFTER finding out about my father's cancer, I could not focus the entire time of my classes he told us that he would be gone for a few days to a place that offered help to alcoholics which was nice. The day was slow and dreary, and the only reason I was slightly thrilled was that I was going to see the gang. It had been some time now, and I absolutely had missed them. They understood why hadn't been coming around as I use to which was a relief.

School eventually ended and I rushed to find Hazel. As I walked through the halls filled with moody or exceedingly noisy teenagers, I glimpsed to see Cherry with Marcia. My attempts to avoid her failed and quickly enough she had spotted me.  

"Rose! " She waved her hands in the air trying to get my attention. I began to pick up my pace to prevent them from speaking to me and hoped that Hazel would hurry, so we can leave as fast away from here. To my relief, she had done exactly that.

"Come on Hazel we have to go." I whispered shouted to her as I yanked her arm and pulled her through the cramped halls. We both ran out of the doors and walked our way to the cars.

"I know your secret!" I swerved to perceive the voice to be of Cherry who had followed us out." What secret? I have no secret at all I think you're only mad because I haven't spoken to you in weeks." she laughed mockingly and made her glare down at my stomach. I felt my face drop seeing that she did clearly know my secret. 

"You're pregnant," she draped a piece of her hair into her fingers. I was in shock how could she know? It's not like she talked to the gang and Hazel would never do such a thing.

"Who told you?" I curiously inquired Hazel must have known I was nervous since she held my hand and gave it a slight squeeze.

"Dallas Winston at the drive-in theater the other night he was drunk and claimed he was the father but didn't truly believe you. Don't worry though Rose I wouldn't tell people such a secret because I'm not a horrible person like that. Do you know how bad this can affect your rep?! Being pregnant by a hoodlum isn't the greatest quality to be known for." I could tell Hazel was angry at this moment, but I gave her a look to calm down. I did not care that much about what Cherry was saying I only cared about how Dal had told her about my pregnancy I wanted to keep this private from her. Even though he was drunk, I couldn't help but feel fairly betrayed.

"I should go." I mumbled walking beside Hazel to my car. I ignored Cherry's remarks as I entered the car and instantly drove out of the school driveway.