── CHOICES

Thursday, February 10, 1966

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

I HAD REACHED my decision. I had decided to get an abortion. My choice was final and I was going to do it no matter what. I hadn't exactly told Hazel yet I'm certain she knew I was going to do just that. My father well he was still the same and he didn't know about my pregnancy and of course, I would never tell him. Not after what he did to me that night I couldn't imagine confessing this staggering secret.

"Where are you heading off to?" Hazel asked walking downstairs to see me grabbing my purse getting prepared to leave. After some time I had found a place to get the abortion done and had decided to get it done today.

"Hazel I have made my decision... Although I'm not confident I want this entirely you know it's the best for me. I would prefer not to ruin my life or Dally's so please don't argue or try and persuade me otherwise because this is final. I'm sorry." she seemed crushed and walked away which was unusual but I didn't want to question her. Without a doubt, I wanted children but again I was only a young teenager who has big plans for my future, and having an infant at 16 isn't part of my plan at all not even close.

Hazel's POV

After hearing that Rose's ultimate decision was to get an abortion it felt hurtful.  I wanted her to keep the baby but I know that isn't my choice since she is the one carrying it. But that didn't mean I wasn't going to fight for her decision to change at least into the alternative of adoption. After she had gone I knew I had to somehow hurry to try and tell Darry and Johnny. I don't know how he would be able to convince her now since I had thought she was going to wait a little longer to get the abortion done so the whole Darry calling Rose to change her mind was outta the picture that's for sure.

I decided to take the bus and ended up making it on there in no time. I had found out that the area Rose was going to get the abortion was far and not to even mention her awful driving skills and how slow she was at it. I surged through the unlocked door and walked in on the gang playing cards except for Dal who was nowhere to be seen.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Did something bad happen?" Johnny inquired as he scrambled to me. I shook my head saying no and glanced at Darry.

"It's about that one thing that happened. Darry and Johnny can we speak about this issue in private? Please" I tried to hint at both Darry and Johnny. Johnny didn't really understand my implication but soon understood."Oh yeah, I remember" he responded. Darry nodded his head and all three of us headed towards his bedroom.