︎ ── THE CURTIS HOME

Tuesday, December 21, 1965

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

TODAY CHERRY AND I had made arrangements to go to the drive-in theater. I didn't see myself going through my Christmas break with Cherry but I was trying to avoid my father since my he had hit me. I had been finding excuses to leave the house alongside Hazel. I couldn't bear to even look at him he frightened me and I flinched every time he would walk up to me. It seemed he didn't care at all about what he had done to me.

"What are you gonna tell dad? He's not going to like if we say we're going to hang at the drive-in theater." I was as of now doing Hazel's hair. She wasn't so fond of the idea of getting her ready but she was a beautiful young girl and I wanted her to embrace that by starting off by doing her hair and picking out her outfit.

"He's drunk out of his mind. We can lie and say we're going to pick up some personal items at the market and eat out something like that savvy?" she nodded her head and I hauled her to the mirror. She looked at her usually frizzy hair which I transformed into a neat hairstyle.

"It's... Unique." I sighed and went to her closet to pick her outfit for tonight. 

"Hey, about the other night when we saw the gang what did you think?" she asked I hadn't actually discussed about our encounter with the gang and I didn't even mention the run-in I had with Ponyboy the next morning. I picked out something from my closet and strolled back to the bathroom.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked as she scrunched her nose seeing the girly outfit I had chosen for her.

"I mean by their looks. Don't they look different. Goodness, Johnny is so handsome did you see him?" I nodded my head chuckling a little bit hearing my sister spout over Johnny Cade.

"They all do look incredibly different I do agree." My sister closed the bathroom door to change into the outfit.

"Which one would you say is the most handsome? Soda looks exceptional, especially with those eyes. Or on the other hand what about Two-Bit he looks slightly better now?" She shouted as she continued changing. Soda and Two-Bit were truly attractive but yet I couldn't stop pondering over Dally. His stylishly messy brown hair and his brown eyes unquestionably suited him. Despite the fact he hadn't been the kindest to me the other night I did understand that he had a reason to be furious with me.

"I was thinking more Dally Winston." The bathroom soon went quiet.

"Dally? Crazy choice but understandable you did have a large crush on him." I rolled my eye hearing her say that so noisily. She ventured out in a fashionable outfit. She didn't look too upbeat but she looked remarkable.